Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I hoped for more, Grimsby

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Really? I didn't see any of that going on in WSL, and I didn't hear any piss take chants either...
Well I've not sat at the South end of ESL before certainly seems to attract more wee scrotes than you get caterwise across the pitch.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The players let their club down today. Sure we are a much better team but at least give it a go a little bit. I don’t mean gung-ho but that was pathetic. Didn’t think their fans did them much credit with the behaviour during the game either. I felt the plaudits they got were fair for their overall cup run but not todays efforts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really....they showed no real passion, today, which surprised me.
I'm not sure we allowed them to play, did we? I mean, what could they have done? Windmilling?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We were a bit rubbish, imo, and expected more fight from them, but they looked like they had given it up from the off.
Crikey. Have you just arrived here in a time machine from 1980? First Division football has changed :shrug:

:wink:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
f*** ‘Em.
On a forum that has ditched its ‘support your local team’ attitude to accept a vlogger born in a another continent, 10 page threads moaning about a bit of pushing and shoving at Norwood Junction post Palace (a), moaning about paper balls being thrown on the pitch today, folk asking for advice on what to do after being hit with a bottle at Leicester, grown adults starting threads for help getting from Brighton station to Falmer station … this, this is exactly the comment I wanted to see to reassure me a once great fanbase is still alive and kicking & it’s hardly surprising that it’s come from someone living in the best country in Europe.

Congrats today now go on and win it :bhasign:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heard this twice recently, but it always used to be "you’ve seen the Brighton, now f*** off home" - personally much prefer the original version than the Albion one
You've heard the new song now f*** off home..

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Crikey. Have you just arrived here in a time machine from 1980? First Division football has c

Crikey. Have you just arrived here in a time machine from 1980? First Division football has changed :shrug:

:wink:
Oh, I'd happily go back to 1980...as long as we played as we are, now.
I still expected/hoped for more 'oomph' from Grimsby, given what was at stake.
Still, we're through, and just the Man U hurdle to go, before facing the Man C in the final.
That'll go well.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I agree pathetic attempt but we have to remember we are now one of the best teams in this country and outplayed them. At no stages whatsoever did I doubt us winning and winning comfortably.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought their team played well really. Really compact, defended well and went In at HT at 1-0. Pretty commendable. Didn't fall into any of our traps. They breathy only came apart at 2-0 when they started to leave spaces.
Have to disagree with that. I've seen some League One/League Two/National League sides play quite well against PL opposition in the past. This really wasn't one of those occasions. While a sizeable win was expected, winning 5-0 and creating a bunch of chances despite not playing particularly well kind of tells the story.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Thought they were pretty quiet all considered.

Most of the older fans we met before and after were great, loads of younger fat homophobic pikeys in Stone Island though

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Have to disagree with that. I've seen some League One/League Two/National League sides play quite well against PL opposition in the past. This really wasn't one of those occasions. While a sizeable win was expected, winning 5-0 and creating a bunch of chances despite not playing particularly well kind of tells the story.
It tells A story.

They went in at half time happy. And rightly so. But the first half was nervous and there were no totally certain brighton fans necking flat beer in the concourse at half time. Once we got the second it opened up and we were able to take them apart. Their biggest problem was not having a clear outlet when they were keeping it tight. Beyond hitting their big right winger over Pervis. Plenty of lower league teams have 'gone for it' and got taken apart and that would behave been suicide against us. Think they had a game plan and stuck to it. Our superiority just overwhelmed them eventually.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Didn't think their fans were that loud given the circumstances. The team defended very well, but I was surprised they didn't give it more of a go until 3-0. Seemed like the occasion got to them.

The whole day was ruined for me when they started LUZZING paper onto the pitch. Solly was lucky he wasn't killed. I'm glad the ref wasted 2 minutes of my life reporting the incidents to the authorities. Won't someone think of the children?

Also, the fact that so many Albion stayed behind to watch their celebrations and have a bit of a sing song was a nice touch.

Another good day.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
To be honest I expected a bit more from them on the pitch, at least putting us under some pressure with balls lumped into the box if attempting neat football didnt work. Maybe my expectation for more was because they'd beaten Southampton in the last round, but then again that was because of 2 fortuitous penalties, & Southampton are shit...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The players let their club down today. Sure we are a much better team but at least give it a go a little bit. I don’t mean gung-ho but that was pathetic. Didn’t think their fans did them much credit with the behaviour during the game either. I felt the plaudits they got were fair for their overall cup run but not todays efforts.
That’s pretty much the argument used by top 6 fans against Chris Hughton’s early years Prem Albion sides. We were supposed to attack superior teams for their entertainment. If Grimsby had taken that kind of risk they would have been annihilated.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Didn't think their fans were that loud given the circumstances. The team defended very well, but I was surprised they didn't give it more of a go until 3-0. Seemed like the occasion got to them.

The whole day was ruined for me when they started LUZZING paper onto the pitch. Solly was lucky he wasn't killed. I'm glad the ref wasted 2 minutes of my life reporting the incidents to the authorities. Won't someone think of the children?

Also, the fact that so many Albion stayed behind to watch their celebrations and have a bit of a sing song was a nice touch.

Another good day.
To be fair in the interests of equality, they also delayed a couple of their corners by chucking stuff on the pitch ?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That’s pretty much the argument used by top 6 fans against Chris Hughton’s early years Prem Albion sides. We were supposed to attack superior teams for their entertainment. If Grimsby had taken that kind of risk they would have been annihilated.
I don’t expect them to come out all guns blazing, of course not, but they weren’t even trying to get the ball forward quickly and challenge for second balls they literally retreated into their own half and sat in two banks of five. Also the Hughton analogy doesn’t work because firstly they couldn’t hang on for a point as it was the cup and secondly they were one nil down inside 5 minutes so needed to score. They were so passive which was in stark contrast to the Southampton game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here