Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Tony is as utterely distraught (privately) as I am

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
First...congrats to Bourmemouth they have played the best football over the whole season...well done !! (sickens me living in New Milton and syaing that but hey ho)

On paper our squad looked as strong as anyone elses, but we failed to realise was that in order to win games the ball must go into the onion sack. The times i've see us have more pocession than anyone else, the most shots than anyone else is ridiculous.
But the crucial one was 'shots on target' often only read 3 or 4 out of 17 shots. Which is simply not good enough. If we could turn those shots into shots on target then would certainly been up there or there abouts.

It was certainly a scare this season but I have every confidence we have learnt from this experince and will come out of it better and stronger next season

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Bournemouth were miles behind us a season ago and have shown what can be done. I am trying to take the positives from then and Southampton. It's not easy, but I and trying!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Bournemouth- I just don't go with all this well done crap .
The fact that Tommy and Steve are there as well just piles on the agony.
This is hurting me bad - Watford and Bournemouth give me strength- we have cocked this up big time.
Makes our job more difficult next year as well - only one of 'Boro, Norwich, Derby. Forest , Bolton etc. will not be fighting with us next year plus QPR Sunderland and Burnley with their parachutes - Game on !

don't forget bristol city, leeds , sheff weds (longlaugh) , ipswich..........mid table at best unless we gut busy in the market....!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Utterly distraught?? A bit OTT surely?

I've been utterly distraught after the deaths of people close to me, but never about football.

The closest was when I thought the Albion would cease to exist after the sale of the Goldstone, but surely a poor season is nowhere near that bad in the scheme of things?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
First...congrats to Bourmemouth they have played the best football over the whole season...well done !! (sickens me living in New Milton and syaing that but hey ho)

On paper our squad looked as strong as anyone elses, but we failed to realise was that in order to win games the ball must go into the onion sack. The times i've see us have more pocession than anyone else, the most shots than anyone else is ridiculous.
But the crucial one was 'shots on target' often only read 3 or 4 out of 17 shots. Which is simply not good enough. If we could turn those shots into shots on target then would certainly been up there or there abouts.

It was certainly a scare this season but I have every confidence we have learnt from this experince and will come out of it better and stronger next season

No, it bloody didn't. And I can honestly write that without resorting to hindsight.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bournemouth were miles behind us a season ago and have shown what can be done. I am trying to take the positives from then and Southampton. It's not easy, but I and trying!

Wasn't so long ago that teams like Stockport and Macclesfield were above us in the league.

Anyway, Bournemouth could be the new Blackpool.

Feeling better now?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Utterly distraught?? A bit OTT surely?

I've been utterly distraught after the deaths of people close to me, but never about football.

The closest was when I thought the Albion would cease to exist after the sale of the Goldstone, but surely a poor season is nowhere near that bad in the scheme of things?
But he must be right because he got a lot of thumbs up. When close friends and relatives die it's disappointing, I'll give you that. Bill Shankley once said that football is more important than life and death.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't get all this hand wringing, weeping and wailing. The club has got it wrong, but we've survived far worse.

Next season, we go again.

Yes, yes we have. But just because we've gone through bad times before shouldn't mean that we should have to accept it happening time & again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, yes we have. But just because we've gone through bad times before shouldn't mean that we should have to accept it happening time & again.
We've hardly just lost our ground have we. Of course we have to accept that some seasons won't be great. We didn't even get relegated, it's hardly that bad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't see anyone accepting it. I want to see loads at the Fans Forum giving the board a hard time about the mess that happened, especially when we were told it was all good at the beginning of August.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Know what you mean. It's all just a bit much, coming on top of Watford having a big top banana promotion party at the Amex on Saturday. Middlesbrough fans will doubtless be in much the same party mood at making the play-offs next Saturday. And Brentford - f*cking BRENTFORD! - will doubtless take the final piss by making the play-offs also. Like I say, it all gets a bit much. Oh well. Couple of months off, then we go again. Seagulls!! :albion:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Jesus H McGinty !!!
There's some arrogant so and so's on here thinking we have the divine right over every other football club FFS !!!
Bournemouth done better than us, get over it, they deserve to be where they are.
Our Chairman decided to play laboratory monkeys with our club and use it like a badly run testing facility for shite managers and players.
His ****ing fault no one elses.
Can't some of you swallow your pride :ffsparr:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

I don't think people are accepting it's been utter dirge this year, more the fact that for 99% of football fans there will always be bad times. You can guarantee that when you are on a massive, massive high the gut wrenching despair of being a supporter is waiting just round the corner. It's times like this that make the highs so much sweeter.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Know what you mean. It's all just a bit much, coming on top of Watford having a big top banana promotion party at the Amex on Saturday. Middlesbrough fans will doubtless be in much the same party mood at making the play-offs next Saturday. And Brentford - f*cking BRENTFORD! - will doubtless take the final piss by making the play-offs also. Like I say, it all gets a bit much. Oh well. Couple of months off, then we go again. Seagulls!! :albion:

Middlesbrough have just missed out on automatic promotion you dullard, with the greatest of respect, if you don't mind me saying, so they are not going to be in much of a party mood.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Middlesbrough have just missed out on automatic promotion you dullard, with the greatest of respect, if you don't mind me saying, so they are not going to be in much of a party mood.
I was thinking that. The last thing that their fans would've expected would've been to have come away from Fulham with no points.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
But he must be right because he got a lot of thumbs up. When close friends and relatives die it's disappointing, I'll give you that. Bill Shankley once said that football is more important than life and death.

He could get 1000 thumbs up, but that doesn't mean he's right, just that those people have the same opinion as him.

My opinion is that he's wrong.

So when close friends and relatives die, you are merely disappointed, but when our football club has a poor season you are distraught? Strange.

It was a great line from Shankly, but if anyone really agrees with that, I feel very sorry for them.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
He could get 1000 thumbs up, but that doesn't mean he's right, just that those people have the same opinion as him.

My opinion is that he's wrong.

So when close friends and relatives die, you are merely disappointed, but when our football club has a poor season you are distraught? Strange.

It was a great line from Shankly, but if anyone really agrees with that, I feel very sorry for them.

It was either a great gag, he mis phrased what he meant to say or he had misheard the question. People to this day thought he meant it. I find it amusing in recent times that people think modern humour is so sophisticated and early 70s humour was crass rubbish. I sometimes wonder if it's the other way round.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Ha! Down my neck of the woods. I often watch Brighton games in the Sandpiper in Friar's Cliff with one man and his dog but the Bournemouth game had it full to the rafters with "Bournemouth fans"!!

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
It was either a great gag, he mis phrased what he meant to say or he had misheard the question. People to this day thought he meant it. I find it amusing in recent times that people think modern humour is so sophisticated and early 70s humour was crass rubbish. I sometimes wonder if it's the other way round.

I don't normally agree with much you say but in this case I do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here