Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope Tony is as utterely distraught (privately) as I am

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We won't go anywhere because some muppet keeps offering ageing past it players new contracts. ...are they blind or bloody stupid?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This, it's just a shame that if/ when we finally get to the premier league, it'll be after the feel good factor of the Amex has worn off, as it has been killed by this season, and it's not a new stadium anymore. Out of interest does anyone know when the '5 year plan' started???

I'm glad it's not a new stadium anymore. It feels more like home now, where things go right and things go wrong. If we start winning games (novel thought, I know) the feel good factor will come back. Wins, not facilities are the key.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bournemouth- I just don't go with all this well done crap .
The fact that Tommy and Steve are there as well just piles on the agony.
This is hurting me bad - Watford and Bournemouth give me strength- we have cocked this up big time.
Makes our job more difficult next year as well - only one of 'Boro, Norwich, Derby. Forest , Bolton etc. will not be fighting with us next year plus QPR Sunderland and Burnley with their parachutes - Game on !

You forgot to mention Brentford and Wolves who came up and played football so much better than we did, Brentford could still go up FFS.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
Good point Chopper . Now even more distraught - B'muth, Watford and Brentford in the Prem .

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
They need to start with the loans. There needs to be far fewer loans, how is a manager supposed to build with so many. A few of real quality is fine e.g. a Bridge or Texiara, but it seems for every one of them we get 10 Bests.
Hopefully letting a lot of high earning underachievers go this summer frees up the wages, however this summer is critical to our long term future, **** this next window up and we will be in a relegation fight next season from the off.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I reckon TB ( and others ) chucked all they had, or were prepared to, on the team a couple of years ago.

It hasn't worked but they have still achieved a goal in the business plan with building Falmer and sneaking a hotel in right in under our noses.

I feel that I cheated people when I marched for Falmer saying there would no more building there, as stated by 'the club'.

I really hope that The Albion doesn't do the same to the people of Lancing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I reckon TB ( and others ) chucked all they had, or were prepared to, on the team a couple of years ago.

It hasn't worked but they have still achieved a goal in the business plan with building Falmer and sneaking a hotel in right in under our noses.

I feel that I cheated people when I marched for Falmer saying there would no more building there, as stated by 'the club'.

I really hope that The Albion doesn't do the same to the people of Lancing.

Or the children of Mile Oak.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We won't go anywhere because some muppet keeps offering ageing past it players new contracts. ...are they blind or bloody stupid?

Holy ****, did I just agree with you?

The age of our squad is a big problem and there's people talking about signing Bobby Z. We need a youthful squad, build it up and get it gelled. Then make a push not next season but the next one.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm just really glad we haven't got Bournemouth at home this Saturday as our last game this season.
Just imagine that lot lording it at the AMEX.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't get all this hand wringing, weeping and wailing. The club has got it wrong, but we've survived far worse.

Next season, we go again.

i cannot see us achieving anything other than potentially avoiding relegation again. It's in the clubs DNA to f uck things up. When we were at Withdean, we couldn't go up because we were too little and poor. Now it's because we don't have Parachute payments and FFP goes against us. Face it, we all drew the short straw when the Albion picked us :(

Elsewhere, Watford and Bmuff have won promotion to the Richest sports league in the world as we await pre season fixtures against the likes of Pathetico Royale and Hold-My Thistle....ooow, the excitement builds, I can't wait. FFS, Brighton just gives us a bloody break from the constant disappointment. I no longer give a flying fig about pie, architecture, catering and best car park awards. Consistent, top of the championship yo yo between the top flights please for a couple of decades just like ALL THE OTHER CLUBS WITH SIMILAR SIZED SUPPORT!!!! aaaaaahahhhhhhhh, I can't cope with this hope for much longer!!!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The FA needs to hold an urgent inquiry into how Bournemouth have somehow conspired to produce elite football performances without the benefit of an Elite Football Performance Centre ???

:lolol:
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
i cannot see us achieving anything other than potentially avoiding relegation again. It's in the clubs DNA to f uck things up. When we were at Withdean, we couldn't go up because we were too little and poor. Now it's because we don't have Parachute payments and FFP goes against us. Face it, we all drew the short straw when the Albion picked us :(

Elsewhere, Watford and Bmuff have won promotion to the Richest sports league in the world as we await pre season fixtures against the likes of Pathetico Royale and Hold-My Thistle....ooow, the excitement builds, I can't wait. FFS, Brighton just gives us a bloody break from the constant disappointment. I no longer give a flying fig about pie, architecture, catering and best car park awards. Consistent, top of the championship yo yo between the top flights please for a couple of decades just like ALL THE OTHER CLUBS WITH SIMILAR SIZED SUPPORT!!!! aaaaaahahhhhhhhh, I can't cope with this hope for much longer!!!

They even got a game against real Madrid ffs. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here