Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hope our players stay

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Newcastle obviously favourites whatever happens.

Can't see why this Brighton team wouldn't be second favs though.

Don't particularly like him, but Neil at Norwich will be successful at Norwich at Championship level, and the ruthlessness of some like Pearson at Villa will do the trick.

All three relegated clubs can afford to poach the likes of Goldson, Stephens, Knockaert and Kayal at the drop of cheque book.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Tony has a job to do to convince them that we will absolutely go for it next season. Give them the money they want and get in a few quality additions.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Wake up and smell the coffee mate.

I have. We were essentially one goal away from the PL. We have a fantastic group of players and are 1 or 2 players away from being a complete team - players that are happy to play for us and happy to play for our Manager - who is hugely respected.

What reason, apart from sheer negativity do you have to think this team would be dismantled by selling our players? Not just "oh it'll happen", actual reasonable answers.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We will lose players, but for a fee. The club are very clever at getting the best deals.

It's not a question of holding on to players who should be in a higher league, it's a question of using the resources that come from that to build something better.

We now have a rock solid platform. Another strong showing by the recruitment team and next season should run equal- if not even better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Newcastle Norwich Villa Derby or Hull will all have shorter odds than us next season - it's just the way it is

Derby will be ****ed mid way through next season when they fail FFP from this season

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
We will lose players, but for a fee. The club are very clever at getting the best deals.

It's not a question of holding on to players who should be in a higher league, it's a question of using the resources that come from that to build something better.

We now have a rock solid platform. Another strong showing by the recruitment team and next season should run equal- if not even better.

Now that is a sensible comment. Thank you for that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
My only criticism from what has been a brilliant season is failing to land a decent striker in Jan. That is possibly a major reason why we failed and obviously bad luck.

I think we sort of thought Wilson might be that but turns out he wasn't quite ready really

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I have. We were essentially one goal away from the PL. We have a fantastic group of players and are 1 or 2 players away from being a complete team - players that are happy to play for us and happy to play for our Manager - who is hugely respected.

What reason, apart from sheer negativity do you have to think this team would be dismantled by selling our players? Not just "oh it'll happen", actual reasonable answers.

Don't be silly. We all know at least 6 players will go as prem sides will be licking their lips and we are the only club that will sell.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003

With you on that.

Think the Brighton aspect will keep Dunk for another year. Not sure a club will pay what we would want for Stephens, and certainly not Goldson. Knockhaert must be on a long contract and would demand a high fee. Kayal may go, and Stockdale if his contract is up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think we sort of thought Wilson might be that but turns out he wasn't quite ready really

We knew that months ago. Well before Jan

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not convinced we'll lose too many. It is a BIG jump in quality to the PL - as Bridcutt and Buckley found - and as good as some of the players mentioned might be, they might be better off staying put.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We knew that months ago. Well before Jan

Possibly but I think we might have put it down to the lack of service leading up to January because of the injuries and maybe we thought he would come good with better service. He is technically very good but he fails to create a physical presence

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Can't see Kayal going though would be cheap as one year left on contract. Dunk possibly but would have to pay big. Am more concerned by Prem clubs interests in Knockaert worries me. Clearly our most attacking threat. Most chances derive from him.... Vital we keep him

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The team won't be dismantled. But the performances of its best crop of players-and there are a luxury of numbers this year-will mean that clubs in the Premier League will come knocking. This is actually, this time round more than ever, a good thing.

Now why ?

To succeed in the Championship you need three things-

1) A capable manager (tick)
2) A strong recruiting set up (tick)
3) Resources (tick, yes, but there will be a small clutch of clubs with more)

As Tony Bloom has said before, wisely, we are not a selling club-not to others in this league anyway when it doesn't suit us- but their is an elasticated point of sale. If a Premier League club wants Knockeart they can have him. We don't want them too, but we will sell for two reasons. Firstly, because the club won't stand in his way of playing at a higher level and, vitally important and noteworthy, the Premier League clubs have a much increasing bounty to throw at us. Therefore his and others prices will be higher.

We are at an advantage in the sense that your Aston Villa's have parachute payments, but equally have higher wages to pay and a lot of deadwood.

Albion have a splendid opportunity to strengthen the squad this summer by use of wise recruitment and hard ball dealing. But, I'm afraid, this means that a small number of top quality players will be leaving.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
The only player I can see going at the moment is lualua .
I think kayal likes living in Brighton and along with the others mentioned will be given improved contracts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here