I have one question, just answer me this.............. HONESTLY

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
six_yard_punisha said:
Won't be a problem.

BUT if he scores or contributes to a good performance, I challenge you to:

1. Not celebrate. Why should you?
2. Keep giving him stick from the stands.
3. Come on here and put up the same kind of vociferous slating.

GO ON. Stick by your guns. Show your true colours.

What a stupid f***ing comment.

Of COURSE we will celebrate if he scores. Nobody is willing him to do badly and I wouldnt mind betting the people that are negative about him on here still get behind him at games.

It is OK to think that a Brighton player is not very good. It does not mean that if he scores he is suddenly good and anyone who has said a bad word about him is not allowed to celebrate.

You GOON.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Richie Morris said:
What a stupid f***ing comment.

Of COURSE we will celebrate if he scores. Nobody is willing him to do badly and I wouldnt mind betting the people that are negative about him on here still get behind him at games.

It is OK to think that a Brighton player is not very good. It does not mean that if he scores he is suddenly good and anyone who has said a bad word about him is not allowed to celebrate.

You GOON.

LOL - from the man who has changed his mind about McCammon several times already. Shall I dig out the threads? I agree with you! There is no point saying he's good just because he scores. A stinging criticism of yourself, I believe.

I was just looking for a logical, reasoned argument. Am I right in thinking you want to be a journalist? LAUGHABLE.

If you had read the thread I've been having a go at people shouting abuse at our players. For the last time, I'M NOT SAYING YOU CAN'T CRITICISE THE PLAYERS, PLEASE GET THIS INTO YOUR HEAD ONCE AND FOR ALL.

You f***ing GOON.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
six_yard_punisha said:
If you had read the thread I've been having a go at people shouting abuse at our players. For the last time, I'M NOT SAYING YOU CAN'T CRITICISE THE PLAYERS, PLEASE GET THIS INTO YOUR HEAD ONCE AND FOR ALL.

But nobody on here is saying that they abuse him at the game. They are letting off steam and questioning his ability on a forum. What is the problem of that. Some people do not rate him, some people will just go along with everything that McGhee does. However as long as the criticism is happening on here at not at the game, where is the problem?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:

EDIT oh, and, by the way, for me it IS personal against McCammon. I feel insulted that I help to pay the wages of someone who is patently no better than some members of the supporters, who would do it for free. I will continue to heavily criticise him at games, its only little old me, I'm sure he'll cope, he is a professional footballer after all..............

Here you go, Uncle Buck.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
But nobody on here is saying that they abuse him at the game. They are letting off steam and questioning his ability on a forum. What is the problem of that. Some people do not rate him, some people will just go along with everything that McGhee does. However as long as the criticism is happening on here at not at the game, where is the problem?

And to answer your question, there is no problem there. :)

I just cannot see the point, when we are in the trouble we are in at the moment of heaping pressure on the players by having a go at them at matches. It's just self-defeating.

Just becaue I don't like to heavily criticise players (and certainly not at matches) it doesn't mean that I don't think that we can question their ability or performance. I've just had that accusation from about 3 different people and it's starting to annoy me.

Plus, being called a GOON by Richie Morris isn't much fun.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
In honesty though, as for when I'm at games, as McCammon strides forward with the ball ( :snigger: ) or goes up for a header or whatever, I do always give positive encouragement as loudly as I can. However, I do reserve the right to shout, after he has f***ed up, "you useless wanker, stop insulting me by turning up to this game half fit and with the ability of a clothes horse, you really are a f***ing waste of space, just piss off will you, C U N T" or similar. This is AFTER he has screwed up, not before and not if he is just unfortunate or something.

I really don't see what is wrong with me doing that.

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:
In honesty though, as for when I'm at games, as McCammon strides forward with the ball ( :snigger: ) or goes up for a header or whatever, I do always give positive encouragement as loudly as I can. However, I do reserve the right to shout, after he has f***ed up, "you useless wanker, stop insulting me by turning up to this game half fit and with the ability of a clothes horse, you really are a f***ing waste of space, just piss off will you, C U N T" or similar. This is AFTER he has screwed up, not before and not if he is just unfortunate or something.

OK, I'm coming round to the idea. This is a bullet-proof stance.

---------------------------Thread Closed----------------------------------

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:

OK, I'm coming round to the idea. This is a bullet-proof stance.

---------------------------Thread Closed----------------------------------

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I'm guessing you guys remember the old days at the goldstone in the second division (old money)

I used to bloody hate Stockport because of Kevin Francis. He was bloody useless but caused us all sorts of problems. I think McCammon is the same. Certainly not the most technically blessed of footballers but sometimes they don't need to be.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
I'm guessing you guys remember the old days at the goldstone in the second division (old money)

I used to bloody hate Stockport because of Kevin Francis. He was bloody useless but caused us all sorts of problems. I think McCammon is the same. Certainly not the most technically blessed of footballers but sometimes they don't need to be.

remember Kevin Francis being much better than McCammon, was good for Birmingham in Barry Fry's days wasn't he? McCammon has never been good ANYWHERE.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
this thread is probably the most tiresome thing i have ever read.

would big mac have scored? who f***ing knows? is he a poor excuse for a footballer? maybe.

is he a brighton player and has he given 100% when he has played? DEFINETELY! give the guy a f***ing break!!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
the right footed denilson said:
this thread is probably the most tiresome thing i have ever read.

would big mac have scored? who f***ing knows? is he a poor excuse for a footballer? maybe.

is he a brighton player and has he given 100% when he has played? DEFINETELY! give the guy a f***ing break!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

At last, some support.

cdavis

May 14, 2004
Thank God everyone isn,t like "the full harris"..........complete, and utter tosser.Calls himself a "supporter".....have you the remotest grasp of what the word means..???????????

the full harris said:
How come hardly anyone actually answers the questions in the top few posts of this thread?

Because your posts on Big Mac are so uniformly Idiotic (capital I) that no one can be arsed? That's my reason anyway, can't speak for others.

These examples of people pretending to be Idiotic for comic effect isn't half tedious. Can you try something new?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
cdavis said:
Thank God everyone isn,t like "the full harris"..........complete, and utter tosser.Calls himself a "supporter".....have you the remotest grasp of what the word means..???????????

I think that's a little unfair, you can still support the team and criticise a player, can't you?

Or in order to be a supporter do we have to blindly agree with everything that McGhee says and does?

If we'd just gone along blindly with what the powers that be said in 1997, I hate to think where we'd be now - probably supporting Palace or Pompey in fact.

You can like something but still criticise bits of it, a little like a marriage. It would get really boring if everything was perfect all the time.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
six_yard_punisha said:
LOL - from the man who has changed his mind about McCammon several times already. Shall I dig out the threads? I agree with you! There is no point saying he's good just because he scores. A stinging criticism of yourself, I believe.

I was just looking for a logical, reasoned argument. Am I right in thinking you want to be a journalist? LAUGHABLE.

You f***ing GOON.

I have not changed my mind on him. He scored a couple of goals and I posted saying he had proved me wrong in that game and that if he continued to do so it would be a good thing. He hasnt.

Reasoned argument? Journalistic skills? Bollocks.

This is not an article is it? No. It is a message board for impassioned posting.

For the record though...

I can see the argument for McCammon. He is a big physical presence and no doubt occupies defenders. Or rather, he should in theory. For many team having a big bussling centre forward works if he has a partner that compliments him which I do not feel that Virgo does.

When McCammon was playing up front with Knight we did see the beginnings of a promise of finally developing a partnership. He began looking after Leon and things looked quite promising. BUT it seems it was a bit of a false dawn. The more he has played the less fans are willing to make excuses for him. He quite clearly is not still settling in and finding his feet.

The argument about his fitness does more to highlight the fact that he was perhaps resigned to life in the Millwall reserves and let his general fitness slip. Match fit or not there was really no excuse for the poor levels of general fitness he has displayed.

He clearly does his best and at no point have I suggested it is some kind of McCammon conspiracy to be crap on purpose. HE puts the effort in and should be comended for playing when ill because the desire was clearly there. Unfortunately the ability is lacking.

All he can do is his best. It is the manager who picks the team and if McCammon is picked you can gaurentee he will do his best. Unfortunately his best is far short of Championship standard.

He cannot control the ball, which could be forgiven in a big man if it were not for the obvious lack of other skills. His heading is poor and should be his strength. For supporters to excuse his poor headers against Leicester on the crosses is folly. Perhaps McCammon should read them better? Perhaps he should time his runs better?

He runs with his head down which sometimes gains us territory so I can see why fans think this is good. When we are under pressure McCammon winning a throw in is a useful resbite. No more useful though then Leon winning free kicks but with Knight there is the added advantage that when gets the ball there is a purpose and direction to his play, not just running down a blind alley.

To play McCammon above Knight in attack considerably limits our options and makes us very one dimensional and easy to defend against.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here