Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I have now left the Army

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OK, to set the record straight. The purpose of the thread was to:

a. let the good folk of NSC know what I am doing so if you wanted something done, I can help you out with something that will not cost the earth. (NSC rates!)
b. Thoughts on my username

Certainly did not want to end up as a binfest! Just wanted the guys of NSC know that they can go to a trusted source if they ever require it. Likwise, if I needed help with a car for example, I would come on here and ask for advice, and if it means that my custom goes to a NSCer, brilliant.I am not touting.

Oldboy - understand where you are coming from (to a degree) but the services are just a platform. You need to know that it is a game early on and that you are not indispensible. I know a lot of my ex service mates have fallen on hard times and I do my best to help whenever I can. Oh, and before you say it, no I'm not medal hunting. Just doing the right thing by people whom I have a great sense of empathy with.

You do not need to justify yourself. The leap from the armed forces to embroidery amuses me though :smile:

You do not need to justify yourself. The leap from the armed forces to embroidery amuses me though :smile:

HT - Thanks. Ref embroidery, it's something that I helped an ex services mate of mine out with when he got into it and he was struggling some 7 years ago. I got him into some business with the services and that helped him massively. He is now the MD of the company and he is now re-paying the favour. It's not just about embroidery, it's about what we can give back, that's why I joined him.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
OK, to set the record straight. The purpose of the thread was to:

a. let the good folk of NSC know what I am doing so if you wanted something done, I can help you out with something that will not cost the earth. (NSC rates!)
b. Thoughts on my username

Certainly did not want to end up as a binfest! Just wanted the guys of NSC know that they can go to a trusted source if they ever require it. Likwise, if I needed help with a car for example, I would come on here and ask for advice, and if it means that my custom goes to a NSCer, brilliant.I am not touting.

Oldboy - understand where you are coming from (to a degree) but the services are just a platform. You need to know that it is a game early on and that you are not indispensible. I know a lot of my ex service mates have fallen on hard times and I do my best to help whenever I can. Oh, and before you say it, no I'm not medal hunting. Just doing the right thing by people whom I have a great sense of empathy with.

As already mentioned you don't need to to justify yourself, ignore old-git sorry oldman.
Good luck on your new career move.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT - Thanks. Ref embroidery, it's something that I helped an ex services mate of mine out with when he got into it and he was struggling some 7 years ago. I got him into some business with the services and that helped him massively. He is now the MD of the company and he is now re-paying the favour. It's not just about embroidery, it's about what we can give back, that's why I joined him.

I'm a little disappointed now. I had this incongruous image of a huge cupboard of a man sitting on a tiny stool daintily embroidering a flower onto a cushion or something :smile: I wish you well though.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have u thought about moving to france my eldest daughter lives there said health service is good

Have you considered moving there? I understand their schools are ok, you might even manage to develop your english to a primary school level. Mug blah blah, sonny, mug, etc etc, jog on son, blah blah, mug, etc etc.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Shorditch to catford.. Army in croydon never there all abroad in afgahan falklands. Etc. If you think englands great your off ya head its a shitole no jobs expensive no houseing nhs shit blah blah. And as far as your job millons on dole take that job.

I think you'll find that life's what you make of it. Take a good look at yourself before blaming everyone else.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Your job filled tomorow if u left.. Sonny is a term like alright jonh. Im a cockney u wont ever meet one again in your life be grateful to talk to me. London is a shitole england means nothing to me nothing.

you ****in wierdo............what are you on...?? get a ball and do the lot you bitter old ****....:blush::)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
forgive me for my ignorance but how comes he can advertise what he does now? Can i start a thread about about being a laptop engineer and will give NSC good rates?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Of what? . go and get yaself killed youll be yesterdays news how many names can u remember of brit dead in afghan none enough said sonny.

To get your name read out by the Prime Minister, a poppy fallen for your life, a strict physical career that gives you all the discipline you'll ever need.

You need to have a good, hard look at yourself, oldboy. Your username is slightly ironic given your bitter, immature comments.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
To get your name read out by the Prime Minister, a poppy fallen for your life, a strict physical career that gives you all the discipline you'll ever need.

You need to have a good, hard look at yourself, oldboy. Your username is slightly ironic given your bitter, immature comments.

It's only because he's probably never done a hard day's work, living in Croydon - you're limited to what you can achieve because society's expectations are so low.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013

Dif types of people me and you. And your right plenty of ex servicemen homeless as i said the state drops em like a stone. And i stick by my advice to youngsters keep right out of it.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
I personally think oldboy is just someone's idea of a laugh that has gone a bit wrong, as in its not funny. Sounds like a load of old bullshite to me but who knows. He will be telling us next he was the part of the Richardsons, don't say you were by be way as it will backfire

I did know him i still see his son mark.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
It's only because he's probably never done a hard day's work, living in Croydon - you're limited to what you can achieve because society's expectations are so low.

You havent read the posts im from shorditch +catford. You sound like a mid class mug you dont know your born! sonny.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013

Another brainwashed mug.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I have never joined the army i would shite myself is someone fired a gun at me, so i have huge respect for anyone in the armed services- but do people join to serve the country or do they join because they think it will be a good laugh and they get a gun? Genuine question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here