I Have had enough now

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If you look at the home countries now there is no question that England are by far the best side.

I actually think we have developed a long way since the Euro's - we now have four quality centre halves, a decent goalkeeper, two new strikers looking the part (Defoe and Smith), Nicky Butt back and playing in midfield and looking good again, 4-3-3 in addition to the 4-4-2 and 4-4-2 diamond.

I was a massive pessimist before the Euro's and after, but I think we are getting better all the time and I am feeling quite optomistic about the World Cup (a trophy we have WON!).

As for Scotland, I would rank them as fourth out of the four home international teams. Northern Ireland are getting good results and drew in Wales. Didn't the Welsh stuff the Scot's 3-0?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Digweeds Trousers said:
f*** Off. It is no chip. I for one know how shite we are. The point is, you are no f***ing great shakes yourselves. In fact, in the majority of our lifetimes on here, you have won as much as us.

BUGGER ALL.

Apart from the World Cup,...Semi Finalists a couple of times, that sort of thing.

Anyway you bring it on yourselves....all this" It was the worst day in my life when England win the WC" Dennis Law/Tommy Docherty etc etc All the Argentina chants etc etc. also all this...I'll support any team that is playing England shit also pisses me off.

When I was on holiday in France when England played in the Euro Champs I think it was, Scotland played a couple of days before and the bar was full of Dutch/Scots /English etc, and EVERYONE was supporting Scotland...including the English, however when England played against Romania, everyone, including the Dutch etc were supporting England apart from the little sad band of sweaties who were giving it the Argentina chant and all the rest of it. And you wonder why we English have a go at youse?

I am sorry mate, but if you cant take it, then dont give it

Last edited:

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Re: Re: I Have had enough now

Croydonbloke said:
Well said Digweeds trousers. Being Half scottish myself and the majority of my family Scottish i find it upsetting too. Although i am an English football supporter i love to see the scots on even ground with us, so i can cheer them both on.
Come Scotland get rid of that Manager.

half scottish and palarse you really havent much going for you really

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I have nothing against Scottish football. If it weren't for teams like the Scots we'd be closer to the bottom of the FIFA rankings.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Everest said:
I have nothing against Scottish football. If it weren't for teams like the Scots we'd be closer to the bottom of the FIFA rankings.

True, but in fairness my issue with Scottish football is there fans. They do nothing but slag the English off and gloat when we lose in the Quarter or Semi Finals of tournaments, but get the hump when we laugh at them for being as bad as they are. They cannot have it both ways.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Last edited:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I have no problem with Scottish fans hating the English. Why should they support us? IT'S A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!! It would make as much sense as me supporting the French, Bolivia or any other country I'm not from. Just because Scotland is close doesn't mean it's the same place or has anything in common with England - look at France and Germany.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
fatbadger said:
DT - don't bother. There are a lot of idiots on this board who know nothing at all about Scottish football but who seem all-too-ready to comment on it. They are best ignored.

Being English, I support England - but I live north of the border, out of choice. I have, as a result, reguraly sat in pubs watching England games surrounded by Argentinians-for-a-day or Poles-for-a-day or whatever. Understandably, these twats piss English people off - as evidenced on this thread. Unfortunately, being morons themselves many then think they have a right to indulge in the same behaviour they criticise in others, by being anti-Scottish.
Not a bad post, but try being a little more patronising and self rightious next time. Cheers.

Digweeds, you sound suicidal. Why don't you walk in front of a bus? Then again don't bother, being a Scot with a goalkeeper's name, the bus would probably squirm through your legs.

You're shit and you can't take the criticism even though you like dishing it out! Haha!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
teaboy

I take it you have read this thread

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: I Have had enough now

lincs seagull said:
half scottish and palarse you really havent much going for you really
Am i worried. NO. as it could be worse if i were an Albion fan.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Simster said:
you can't take the criticism even though you like dishing it out!

What it boils down to I think.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think you're being a bit over-precious DT. With regards to football 99.99% of the anti-Scottish comments on here are just banter, the sort we (as Albion fans) dish out to any opposing club. As has been pointed out the 'Argies-for-a-day' and 'Poles-for-a-day" brigade irritate us and so you really can't expect English people to pass up a chance to really rub it in about how poor you are at the moment. Are you saying Scots wouldn't be doing the same thing if the tables were turned?

No, we're not a great side and historically we never have been - but then in footballing terms Brighton are not a great side but that doesn't stop us from taking the piss out of (in football terms) better teams such a Palace. It's just what football fans do.

Like Adam Virgo I have a Scottish granny and I was also bought up by a Scottish stepfather. I've spent many holidays in Scotland (I even got married there) and I always used to cheer for Scotland when they were playing anybody other than England. This changed sometime in the late 80s when I realised how anti-English a large proportion (I don't know if it's a majority) of the population had become as opposed to the 1960s when I first went there.

Sort yourselves out.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Scottish Football...THIS PISS POT OF WORLD FOOTBALL!!

There are more European (below standard ones I might add at that) players in Scotland than anything else.

Admittedly Larson was good but has buggered off to a better league, Chris Sutton done Fook all down here. "I know I'll go to Scotland!"
:lolol:

I knwo England has foreigners but we have some cracking England players!!

NSC GOLD!!

:clap:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Have had enough now

Meade's_Ball said:
I know you are, but what am i?
I don`t know, take a look at yourself and work it out.
Anyhow Scotalnd needs a manager like Gordan Strachan or George Graham, with the country at heart and then you might see them move on from there.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Digiweed, at last you can console yourself that Scotland aren't the worst team in the world and look good compared to minnows like the Faroe Islands.

Oh, wait...:ohmy:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I dont event think MOSES could manage the Scotland job!!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The Northstander said:
I dont event think MOSES could manage the Scotland job!!

He could lead them into the desert and lose them for forty years. I don't think anyone would notice! :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I lived in Scotland for 11 years (Argyll, Edinburgh, Perth and Aberdeen and my ex-wife and 2 daughters are Scots) and the anti-English vitriol up there has to be experienced to be believed.
If England play Germany, then 99% of Scots want Germany to win and the other 1% support curling anyway!
It rubs both ways, DT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports