Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I have already had the best result of the day

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That’s absolutely brilliant news and puts tonight’s game completely into perspective [emoji1303]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Great news for you all.

I had a cancer check last week, I may have it again. They’ve taken a biopsy, and I’m waiting with fingers crossed for the results.

Fingers crossed here for you. Things are changing all the time with treatments. I did think twice about posting but feel people need to see a good outcome is possible even when the outlook is very bleak.

Lymphoma is supposed to be the 'easy one' but the various chemo and radiotherapy did not work for my wife. CAR-T was suggested at Brighton Oncology as another roll of the dice , it had not been signed off by NICE when she was first referred, but was approved by the second consultation two weeks later. All this was done at the Royal Marsden who had been trialling the process. The level of care at the Royal Marsden was outstanding - medicals and the humanity. There was also a plan B. They also dealt with her COVID which was also extreme and quickly gave her the drugs which later became publicised as game changers.

I guess my message is hopefully you won't need any treatment but if you do keep positive and keep strong.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Fingers crossed here for you. Things are changing all the time with treatments. I did think twice about posting but feel people need to see a good outcome is possible even when the outlook is very bleak.

Lymphoma is supposed to be the 'easy one' but the various chemo and radiotherapy did not work for my wife. CAR-T was suggested at Brighton Oncology as another roll of the dice , it had not been signed off by NICE when she was first referred, but was approved by the second consultation two weeks later. All this was done at the Royal Marsden who had been trialling the process. The level of care at the Royal Marsden was outstanding - medicals and the humanity. There was also a plan B. They also dealt with her COVID which was also extreme and quickly gave her the drugs which later became publicised as game changers.

I guess my message is hopefully you won't need any treatment but if you do keep positive and keep strong.

I had the first tumour removed from my tonsil 18 months ago, no chemo or radiotherapy.
They found a growth in the scar tissue in my throat, only small and very early, no sign of anything on my previous check up in October.
They couldn’t find anything else in my throat etc, so , quite hopeful it’s just a wart type of thing.
Still a bit of a worry though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This news makes me very happy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
that is top news, truly puts everything into perspective.

(we sent a 5 year old to singapore for car t last year, he is 12 months cancer free. remarkable therapy, so pleased to hear your partners news)

Hi sorry i did not reply earlier. I assume you are not in the UK if the 5 year old had to be sent to Singapore. I am aware this treatment was developed in US and possibly Israel not sure if it was two different types or they were were working together. Makes sense that Singapore were involved as one of the ' high tec' countries.

The Royal Marsden had been working on this for a few years previous to my wife treatment as had about 6 other of the leading hospitals in the UK so a small number of people had had the treatment but it was very much in its infancy (she was first NHS patient for Royal Marsden).

I am still intrigued to understand how (the actual how not the theory of how) they do the modification , I really can't picture someone sticking receptors on individual cells because there are millions of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here