I have a hangover from ear drops!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Stew

Went to doctors yesterday and he told me that I could do with clearing out my lugholes a bit so advised that I buy some eardrops.

I bought some and put a couple of drops in each ear yesterday evening.

I woke up during the night with the room spinning, as if I'd had a skinfull and this morning it feels like I have a hangover. I can barely walk straight.

Anyone else ever had this from ear drops?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I would imagine it messed with the fluid in your ears that you require for balancing... just a guess though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Your ears help your balance or something like that so putting something in them might make you wobble or summit like that!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
A Doctor Writes:

The eardrops you have put in have probably loosened the crud down your Aural Canal, and possibly removed wax from your eardrum.
The fluid in your inner ear-which is probably swishing around much more freely as a consequence, is making you feel like you are on a ship in high seas.

It will calm down when you adjust to it.

Seagull Stew

Thanks guys. So it will go away then!

I was beginning to think that I was about to spend the rest of my life in a permanent state of Father Jack-esque existence. :lolol:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I had my ears surringed a month or so ago and the recommendatrion was to use Olive oil as opposed to ear drops.

Try that instead.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Doctors aren't supposed to recommend ear drops any more as they inflame the ear. Even I know that. I'd question where he got his medical certifacte if I were you. Ebay I'd hazard a guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports