Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate the Tory Party (apart from Kenneth Clarke)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It really pisses me off that the NHS is some amazing thing to some people eyes. Let me tell you something very personal, my uncle whom lives in France (married to a French woman) got cancer 8 years ago and the French health service saved his life, I can remember him saying at the time how glad he was to be living in France to get his treatment there and not in England. My mum got cancer 4 years ago in Sussex, went into NHS hospitals etc and she died 3 and a half years ago.

The NHS ain't as great as the left makes out it is, you know. They treat it like some sacred cow that can never be criticised nor questioned, it is held in there eyes in higher regard than the Queen.

Just me saying that will sound like sacrilige to some people, but there, how much more personal can it get than that. It is a fact to me that uncle gets cancer in France survives, mother gets cancer in England, dies.

One of my grandparents died after a heart attack in Lancashire.
One of my grandparents survived a heart attack in Yorkshire

therefore the health service is divided by the Pennines?

........In no way am I belittling your bereavement (I've got someone close on their way out) BUT .... J HUNT SHOULD NOT BE HEALTH MINISTER AND IT IS A SICK JOKE THAT HE IS AND IT IS A DISGRACE AND IT IS A SICK f***ing JOKE AND IT IS WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I tossed a coin 5 times in Dieppe and it came up heads every time

I tossed the same coin in Newhaven and it came up heads 3 times and tails twice

THAT'S WHY THIS COUNTRY IS f***ed

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
And I am sure you must factor in that there are other countries in the world with better survival rates of cancer than the UK.

In any case it is time for me to leave. Good evening and Seeeaaagullls.

Only one country can have the best survival rates. It doesn't mean every country with worse survival rates has a bad service. This is the sort of poorly thought out Daily Mail bollocks that really gets on my tits.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only one country can have the best survival rates. It doesn't mean every country with worse survival rates has a bad service. This is the sort of poorly thought out Daily Mail bollocks that really gets on my tits.

Cuba.... literacy = excellent
Cuba.... cuisine = f***ing awful

Russia.... stunning young women = excellent
Russia.... scary fuckers with guns = many

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Ah the 'coalition' rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.. good to see a party that doesn't represent the views of the public somehow work themselves into a position whereby they are even less representative of the nation.

Tossers. Rich, tax-doding, patronising, hypocritical tossers.

I think you're being a little kind there. They are total scumbags.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It really pisses me off that the NHS is some amazing thing to some people eyes. Let me tell you something very personal, my uncle whom lives in France (married to a French woman) got cancer 8 years ago and the French health service saved his life, I can remember him saying at the time how glad he was to be living in France to get his treatment there and not in England. My mum got cancer 4 years ago in Sussex, went into NHS hospitals etc and she died 3 and a half years ago.

The NHS ain't as great as the left makes out it is, you know. They treat it like some sacred cow that can never be criticised nor questioned, it is held in there eyes in higher regard than the Queen.

Just me saying that will sound like sacrilige to some people, but there, how much more personal can it get than that. It is a fact to me that uncle gets cancer in France survives, mother gets cancer in England, dies.
Simmo,respect your view...but what if it was the other way round...if Mother had been treated in France and Uncle got treated in England...To compare ...do you think the outcome would be different...unfortunately cancer is in many different forms and to say one would survive in one country and not in another is misleading...but sorry for your loss either way....I have to be grateful to the NHS Who saved my life twice....not to say the same would'nt have happened in another country, but it would've cost more money than I could've afforded.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Again it is just an opinion and the OP slams Hunt as being fit to be Helath Minister even though he is been in the job 3/4 days. You can tell that the OP is just being prejudiced for the sake of it, he hasn't even given Hunt a chance in the portfolio yet he is going to be no good blah, blah etc. You and he have pre-judged before you have even given the bloke a chance to show what he can do.

Let me throw in Estelle Morris, Keith Vaz, Harriet Harman and Margaret Beckett (Foreign Secretary) as Labour appointed ministers of people whom should NOT have been appointed to the postitions that they were in.

I don't care what school/uni anyone in power has been too it is irrelevant, what matters to me is what they do when in power and to me what I think of Labour's 13 years in power is...1) took us to war based on a lie (dodgy dossier) the worst thing IMO any political party in power in the UK has ever done in my lifetime! And 2) led us into the deepest recession for 70 years. It is time they had a little spell in the wilderness, I think others feel the same way too.

And now the Coalition - which is largely working on a Conservative basis - has been doing precious little to get us out of recession, even though the rest of the World and its institutions think we are taking the austerity bit too far. They have also been quietly destroying the health service, destroying anything good about our education system and making subtly sure that it disadvantages those who are poor and less able to stand up for themselves.And they are hammering the worst off in society through benefits cuts and so on. It comes to something when the save the Children Fund is having to start up for the first time in its history a home-based campaign because there are so many children living "in poverty" in this country.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was diagnosed Type 1 diabetic,22 years ago, 5 years ago I had a cardiac arrest in my sleep and only survived it thanks to my wife waking up, and my sons dropping me as they got me off the bed to perform CPR on me. I was taken into Hospital and diagnosed with Brugada syndrome ,a genetic heart condition that causes catasytrophic arrythmiam I had a defribulator implanted in my chest,which has to date fired 20 times.next month I am going into St Georges in London for a ground breaking operation to,hopefully cure my problem.Thi operation will be perfortmed by a world renowned Surgeon, and will be the first time it has been attempted in this country.due to my diabetes(probally as a result of a virus picked up on Foreign service in the Royal Navy)I would either not be eligible for private health insurance,or iwould not be able to afford it.The NHS has so far saved my life 20 times and it hasn't cost me a penny at point of treatment,

I'm moved by this. Best wishes for your operation sir.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I dislike most politicians, the tories more than any other. They seem to me to be more smug, arrogant, duplicitous, mean, selfish, self important and plutocratic. Of course most politicians are, just more so the tories.

I especially despise call me dave though

You are missing the point. The Tories will always serve themselves and their connections in business etc. It has always been thus.

The Labour Party though say they represent the working class. Do they f***.

They hold the working classes in contempt, and all the while people like you rail against the Tories the Labour Party will continue to piss all over the electorate and particularly the working class. For their betrayal I will hate them the most.

They are all the same......Tory millionaires, liberal millionaires and yes labour millionaires. Throw the f***ing lot in the oven.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yes - sorry - I misunderstood the reference to 15k

I think the actual number now is far higher than that.

I have no problem with the Eastern Europeans working here - hard workers etc...

BUT it does mean that there are FAR too many Brits sitting on their backsides collecting Benefits spouting out the 'I can't even get a minimum wage job, cos of the Poles etc...'

Yes, some easter europeans work hard. Are they all paying tax?

Sussex Police recently disclosed in the Argus that approx. 20 % of crimes in West Sussex were being perpetrated by eastern Europeans, so they are certainly not all working hard, although I guess as they are committing crimes beyond their demographic you could make that point. Let's not even go into drink driving and driving illegally.

This constant generalising of hard working eastern Europeans and feckless British is perverse and untrue.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ian Gow was a magnificent man, a principled politician and a superb constituency MP. His murder was a f***ing disgraceful act .... if there were a handful of MPs in parliament, let alone government of his quality I would not feel so utterly jaded.

I have never been a supporter of the Tories but I voted for Gow the first time I was eligible to vote because I considered him to be a superb MP. Didn't vote in the by-election

In fairness, the electors of Eastbourne have always had a reputation for voting in fine upstanding men prepared to fight for every aspect of the local community.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Turn off your iPad, David Cameron, and start dealing with Britain's debt - Telegraph

Borrowing more in 5 years than labour did in 13? This from a Tory paper too.
How are these idiots still in power?

its going pear shaped when your own side are against you. but you might consider, this is coming from the school of thought that says the current deficit reduction plan is not going far enough, that they should be cutting far more far faster. cutting to 2004 spending is a slashing of budgets by a third . we should be happy these voices are unhappy. for all the apparent talk of cuts, really they arent nearly as much as people think, a few % in real terms, amounting to standing still while inflation allows the budget to catch up. (article say 0.9% though sounds too low).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here