Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time to bring back music halls

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think all nightclubs are shit but I don't particularly enjoy them these days.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
There comes a point is everyone's life when preferences change.
Night clubs lost my interest at circa age 32.
Now a nice meal and a bottle of fine wine with some background music [not need to shout] does it for me.

I guess its called growing up / old ....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm starting to find this aged 25. Not so much that they're shit, just that I'm not interested. I will still always love Digital and 'Life' but that's about it.

The other night me and some mates just pub hopped from Hove back towards Brighton. Really enjoyed just sitting down with mates and having a chat.

By pub 8(The fiddlers Elbow, so more of a youthful/pre club pub) we chatted about whether to go to Digital. I've always had a good time in there but we just decided we were really happy where we were, with seats and listening to some excellent music.

Anyway I went home around 12 as it was always meant to be just "a drink" but two guys went to Digital. We saw them again on Sunday and they both looked TERRIBLE and said how much they'd wished they had just finished when we did. It also cost them about another £50 once they factored in taxi's etc.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm starting to find this aged 25. Not so much that they're shit, just that I'm not interested. I will still always love Digital and 'Life' but that's about it.

The other night me and some mates just pub hopped from Hove back towards Brighton. Really enjoyed just sitting down with mates and having a chat.

By pub 8(The fiddlers Elbow, so more of a youthful/pre club pub) we chatted about whether to go to Digital. I've always had a good time in there but we just decided we were really happy where we were, with seats and listening to some excellent music.

Anyway I went home around 12 as it was always meant to be just "a drink" but two guys went to Digital. We saw them again on Sunday and they both looked TERRIBLE and said how much they'd wished they had just finished when we did. It also cost them about another £50 once they factored in taxi's etc.

Totally out of touch in Brighton clubs now, but similar experiences in London. You can find a few gems though that are simply amazing and really offer a good night. At my tender old age of 26, I'd rather just go to a few pubs with my girlfriend or play darts with the lads with the footie on in a nice boozer.

People go clubbing to find girls, when you've got a good one, it's kinda pointless!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Couldn't agree with you more. A decent boozer that stays open late is a MUCH better night out than hitting a club. Out of interest, which other pubs did you go to? My guess would be The Wick, Bee's Mouth, Robin Hood, Lion & Lob, Temple Bar, Pull & Pump, Western Front?

Don't get me wrong, the occasional night clubbing & getting properly twisted before hitting the beach while the sun comes up still has its place... but it's more of a once or twice a year job, rather than every weekend for the sake of it.

Also this:

There comes a point is everyone's life when preferences change.
Night clubs lost my interest at circa age 32.
Now a nice meal and a bottle of fine wine with some background music [not need to shout] does it for me.

I guess its called growing up / old ....

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
People go clubbing to find girls

:nono:

I've never ever been clubbing to find girls.

There are people who do that and nightclubs which cater for it, but you have to remember that there's a different kind of clubbing where people just want to dance to MUSIC.

Horses for courses innit. If you still love the music and that's what you're going for, then it never loses it's appeal. If you just want to drink for longer and pull birds then I guess that will get boring when you hit mid-twenties

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'd rather go to a gig and a late bar than a club but I do tend to go to clubs if abroad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports