Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate christmas!!!

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It's just all commerial butt-shit.
I'm not a Christian, neither are most of my friends and family.
When was the last time you went to church?
Christmas is just one big con and i'm sick of it. Buy presents for people because you care and you want to surprise them not because you're expected too.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get it out!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Christmas is just one big con and i'm sick of it. Buy presents for people because you care and you want to surprise them not because you're expected too.

So just opt out of it then :shrug:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
You dont have to be religious to celebrate christmas, its just about family these days and everyone having a break

Then can't we have it in the summer when the weather isn't so shit?!?!?

And i can't opt out on my own, everyone will be 'dissapointed' in me and i'll just feel like a cheap mo-fo.

It just has no meaning anymore, believe it or not it is a religious holiday, so for those who are Christian i can understand them celebrating, but i just fail to see where i fit in, except commercially where i spend loads of money buying crap for everyone that they are expecting which takes a certain element of the special thought out of it.

Christmas i just a crock!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Which is why Winterval is the new festival for everyone, and I think in 20-30 years time will overtake Christmas as the winter festival in the U.K.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
scrooge-holiday-cheer.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1. no-one is forcing you to do anything...or are you that stupid you follow the herd?

2. Last saturday, saturday before, and tomorrow night.

3. If you dont want to buy anyone presents , then dont. You must have some very strange friends if they force you to buy them presents.

But carry on, you are very entertaining in a fuckwit styleeee

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Then can't we have it in the summer when the weather isn't so shit?!?!?

And i can't opt out on my own, everyone will be 'dissapointed' in me and i'll just feel like a cheap mo-fo.

It just has no meaning anymore, believe it or not it is a religious holiday, so for those who are Christian i can understand them celebrating, but i just fail to see where i fit in, except commercially where i spend loads of money buying crap for everyone that they are expecting which takes a certain element of the special thought out of it.

Christmas i just a crock!

Nobody in my family knows what to buy me as I buy what I need through out the year, so I compromise.

Don't buy me anything (no stress) and I won't buy you anything (no stress)win:win

I make exception for my nephews,neices that are still at school and my mum (dad has passed away).

That's it.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
1. no-one is forcing you to do anything...or are you that stupid you follow the herd?

2. Last saturday, saturday before, and tomorrow night.

3. If you dont want to buy anyone presents , then dont. You must have some very strange friends if they force you to buy them presents.

But carry on, you are very entertaining in a fuckwit styleeee

Why thanks ball-bag!
No-one is forcing to me to buy gifts for people but wouldn't you feel like a **** if you didn't.
All i'm saying is that christmas has no true meaning anymore to the general population, it's just a pile of commercial shite to make us spend money.
Christmas is good for the economy.
I have a mate who lost his job and has three kids. He has spent the last fortnight worried about finding the money to buy gifts for his children, that to me isn't the true meaning of christmas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why thanks ball-bag!
No-one is forcing to me to buy gifts for people but wouldn't you feel like a **** if you didn't.
All i'm saying is that christmas has no true meaning anymore to the general population, it's just a pile of commercial shite to make us spend money.
Christmas is good for the economy.
I have a mate who lost his job and has three kids. He has spent the last fortnight worried about finding the money to buy gifts for his children, that to me isn't the true meaning of christmas.

ball-bag.......how old are you?

good, well perhaps if you non christains can all sod off and leave those of us who actually enjoy it in peace. There are many people who attend church at this time with families and on their own. Reactions like yours lead to intollerance and we all know where that leads to.

It is not the church that invented Christmas Trees, father Christmas, sending cards.

Perhaps you would like to go to a midnight mass service, and feel the atmosphere in there ( not just the ones full of pissed up chavs) and maybe that will give you some perspective of why some of us ( a dwindling band mark you) still believe.

I am very sorry for your mate, and he must be under tremendous pressure at this time, however to blame christmas per se is wide of the mark

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Whoever said it had a true meaning in the first place :shrug:

Exactly. Christmas is just the winter festival to keep everyone going until the weather warms up again. There's been a festival at Christmas time for thousands of years before Christianity, the Christians just hijacked it for their festival too. It only has as much meaning as you want to give it.

I say just relax and enjoy it :whisky:

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
ball-bag.......how old are you?

good, well perhaps if you non christains can all sod off and leave those of us who actually enjoy it in peace. There are many people who attend church at this time with families and on their own. Reactions like yours lead to intollerance and we all know where that leads to.

It is not the church that invented Christmas Trees, father Christmas, sending cards.

Perhaps you would like to go to a midnight mass service, and feel the atmosphere in there ( not just the ones full of pissed up chavs) and maybe that will give you some perspective of why some of us ( a dwindling band mark you) still believe.

I am very sorry for your mate, and he must be under tremendous pressure at this time, however to blame christmas per se is wide of the mark

Too old to argue with you.

I'm saying this from a non Christian point of view. I stated earlier in the thread that have no problem with the people who believe in the real reason for christmas, go ahead and celebrate, if i was a christian i would. I have been to church and attended a midnight mass, a number of years ago when i was young and i get what you mean but feel you may have mis-understood me.

I'm not digging at Christians here or in any way blaming them for christmas trees, santa and cards etc, i'm pointing a finger at the commercial side of the whole affair and just saying why?
I'm not a mean person and enjoy giving to my friends and family, but feel somewhat pushed this time of the year, for reasons that are so totally non religious.

I'd like nothing more than for you to enjoy christmas, but for the right reasons, not the modern commercial fake christmas.

Sorry if calling you a ball-bag offended you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here