[Albion] I feel supremely confident we will get a positive result at Sheffield United.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I concur with the sentiments of this thread.

Alex Mack is going to make the kind of debut that people carve into stones and start religions over. 2 assists (for Alzate and Propper) and a goal all of his own to top it off.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yeah, Yeah who cares.....

This reply epitomises NSC and the willingness of others to just piss on anyone's positive outlook on things....

Bring you down, point out they can find something slightly better....

Christ sake, I was just pointing out we are good value and I felt positive....

Way to bring someone crashing down....

It won't work.... :D

It wasn't that at all... I was simply inspired by your burst of confidence and joie de vivre :D

I'm off to buy some balloons :thumbsup:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Admire your optimism but Sheffield United at even money is incredible value IMO.

SU home form P10 W6 D2 L2 overall P10 W5 D2 L3
BHA away form P10 W1 D2 L7 overall P10 W1 D4 L5

They don't score many but nor do they concede so under goals markets might be worth a look.

SU and BTTS No is 2/1 with 365
Draw and no is 7/1 which looks like a bit of value
BHA and no 11/2

Stats!!! Smatch!! 1 OG a couple of theirs VAR'd out and Alexis to get a debut goal!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, Yeah who cares.....

This reply epitomises NSC and the willingness of others to just piss on anyone's positive outlook on things....

Bring you down, point out they can find something slightly better....

Christ sake, I was just pointing out we are good value and I felt positive....

Way to bring someone crashing down....

It won't work.... :D
Certainly an odd reply to someone who agrees with you so strongly they have put their own money on your assertion.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I feel it in my bones, a frantic start by united will be weathered and then, bang a quick counter attack will see us go in front, then we hit them on the counter again with Alexis coming on and stealing the show, very very confident about Saturday, we are going to do one on Sheffield United.

5/2 is a steal, speaking of steals Newcastle away 3/1 looks great value which would set next weekend up nicely for us to leapfrog Palarse......

It is in the cards.....

Anyone else feeling positive :thumbsup:

I'm with you, six points next two games and we'll put all the relegation fears to bed, even the NSC Bedwetters Federation will rise up and cheer the lads success!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No reason why we can't get a result.
I'd be happy with a draw.

It will be interesting to see the matchday squad...
I have a feeling Lamptey might start, but I doubt McAllister will.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They’ve overachieved, fair play to them.
But they’re lined up for a good LAMPing this weekend.
1-2.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not bedwetting at all, I’m relaxed about our fate wherever that takes us.

But imho Sheff Utd will win. They have a far better defence, a packed and superior midfield, and they know how to win ugly if need be.

Very highly motivated too with 5th place now likely to qualify for CL.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We've had some strange results at Bramhall Lane in the past, especially in 2005 scoring a goal right on half time, and then winning it in 90+4.
Their goal was a Kerry Mayo own goal.

The crowd went wild.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I agree that this feels a bit like free hit.. in reality we are playing a top 6 side, fighting for a Champions League spot, away from home : has Home win written all over it....but.....
I kinda feel that we have one more big away win in us.. so share optimism if not expectation!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Q. Is Sheffield under water?
Q. If it's not now, will it be by the weekend?

Just asking ???

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
First game of the season for me, so just looking forward to a good few pints in the city pubs, a decent game, and hopefully the trains will get me home again. However, I do feel an odd surge of optimism about it - I reckon we'll get a point at least.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The first goal will be crucial. Their fixtures are lowscoring, with only 52 goals (28 for, 24 against), compared to our 69 (31 for, 38 against). If they score first, they'll sit back and will be extremely difficult to break down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports