Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I feel really bad.....

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
.......about someone probably getting the sack. :down:

Yesterday in the bookies I was called a dickhead by a cashier for no reason whatsoever. I'm always polite in public and it upset me as I take insults to heart so I felt as though I had to say how I felt to the person working in there tonight. She said that things like that are said very frequently by her. Well, it just so happened that the area supervisor was in there tonight and there's been a number of complaints before and he was absolutely f***ing livid. He said this was the straw that broke the camel's back and disciplinary action will be taken. You don't bring your personal problems to work, I can't be rude to people in my job no matter how crap I feel and people are almost always very polite back.

I still feel guilt at landing someone in deep shit but this person hasn't learnt their lesson in the past obviously.

Anyone else got someone fired, either working with them or as a customer?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Come on something must have happened for her to call you a D head, what did you do,go up to the counter and she said hello dickhead.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Come on something must have happened for her to call you a D head, what did you do,go up to the counter and she said hello dickhead.

Absolutely nothing. She'd been on her phone outside, came in and said to someone at the desk "When did that dickhead come in?" when I was studying the form. I was absolutely gobsmacked. As stated she's got previous. Apart from winning money quite regularly I have done nothing to annoy her. :shrug:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Absolutely nothing. She'd been on her phone outside, came in and said to someone at the desk "When did that dickhead come in?" when I was studying the form. I was absolutely gobsmacked. As stated she's got previous. Apart from winning money quite regularly I have done nothing to annoy her. :shrug:

Had a decent bet recently that lost. If you win regularly as you say, probably rang husband, boyfreind whatever to follow. Have had similar.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
someone posted a similar thing on the BF forum about some bird in corals, that wasn't you was it?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Staff rudeness to customers is not the best way for a company to make profits. (Profits pay wages.) If this staff member has previous and they are sacked, then you should feel no guilt. You wouldn't have caused them to lose their job. They would have done that quite nicely all by themselves.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Thanks for your support HovaGirl and pseudonym. My conscience feels clearer now and I shouldn't feel bad about it.

I don't want to sound arrogant but they do pay me out quite a bit and maybe it's resentment handing over good sums of money when they expect mug punters all the time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its not like you demanded she be fired is it ?

From what you say, she very much landed herself in deep shit, sounds like she had it coming. I wouldn't sweat it fella.

jackzayum

May 25, 2011
She doesn't deserved to stay on her working area. She needs to be fired. I'm not really a bad guy but with those gestures towards
people she serves is not a good habit.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Prob is the winning that's got to her. Each bookie, strange as it may seem as they cannot affect results, is it's own little profit 'centre' and any bonus she may have been due may have been knocked back by a punter winning. Trying to get you to take business elsewhere??

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Betting shop staff are called worse numerous times each day but have to get on with it...the op's 'don't want to sound arrogant' bit probably sums up what they think about him...Gus wouldn't approve, 'crying like a baby' !!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
you dickhead...

sorry someone had too....

but sounds like the dickhead had it coming....

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Your not a dickhead for assisting in her getting the sack. She sounds like the dickhead to me.

Honestly, I would not worry about it mate.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
No need to feel guilty.

She had it coming and deserved it.

Hopefully they will replace her with someone who has some basic manners and people skills.

Mr NFA

Banned
Nov 11, 2011
.......about someone probably getting the sack. :down:

Yesterday in the bookies I was called a dickhead by a cashier for no reason whatsoever. I'm always polite in public and it upset me as I take insults to heart so I felt as though I had to say how I felt to the person working in there tonight. She said that things like that are said very frequently by her. Well, it just so happened that the area supervisor was in there tonight and there's been a number of complaints before and he was absolutely f***ing livid. He said this was the straw that broke the camel's back and disciplinary action will be taken. You don't bring your personal problems to work, I can't be rude to people in my job no matter how crap I feel and people are almost always very polite back.

I still feel guilt at landing someone in deep shit but this person hasn't learnt their lesson in the past obviously.

Anyone else got someone fired, either working with them or as a customer?

Just before xmas.:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here