Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I enjoyed myself today...

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Same here. I was over the result after 10 minutes. It seems the older I have got the less a defeat bothers me. For me it's all about supporting my team whatever and that seems to offend people on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a great day. OK result not good, but a great day anyway.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I also enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the idiots who are now behind me shut up.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
another entertaining game yesterday as was Leeds & Newport, results will change soon and our luck

Our luck (and, more importantly, performance) may well improve, yes. But entertaining yesterday??? Only in the way that error-strewn am dram would entertain after two years watching the RSC.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Put another way ... over the last two years, I've got used to watching the Albion NOT being the proverbial "good day out, ruined by 90 mins of football"

;-)

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree in a much that:

1) If I watch or play sport then winning makes a lot of difference to the post event emotions. Otherwise just clap and cheer on 'may the best team win, hoorah'.

2) If I visit a restaurant and the food is sub-standard, then one has every right to complain.

3) If one has to queue an inordinate amount of time for something, anywhere, then equally a complaint is perfectly reasonable.

Over all of the threads and posts, it surely is up to each individual if they sing/don't sing, swear or don't swear, leave early to avoid crowds or remain behind for a beer ot whatever etc etc so vilification for any views should be tempered I feel.

For what it's worth, I feel that general catering standards are well below what one should expect for the money, but that is easily avoidable by taking burgers,spare-ribs and frankfurters in a flask. The football is looking really good in patches and I am sure it will come together shortly.

Must be a shortcoming but I don't stroll away from the ground with a skip, whistling a tune with my hat on the side of my head if we lose. An hour or so later then whatever, but we have the best facilities outside of the Premiership (and even some within) so let's live up to those in every way.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I enjoyed it, the kids enjoyed it, the sun was shining, someone was sick on the train, enjoyed a family meal afterwards in town. There was a great 5 minute period in the second half when we piled on the pressure and booed the referee. Top class fun. Please don't use that horrible phrase "Matchday experience" though...

theboybilly

I also enjoyed it. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the idiots who are now behind me shut up.

Were you in the NE corner perchance?

I enjoyed the day (even though Southern tried their hardest to make me miss the KO) A lovely sunny day, a great atmosphere (marred only twice by the numpties behind me) and a few lovely cool pints of Harveys afterwards. Result aside, a fantastic way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here