Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I don't understand why we have signed Andrews

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andrews has been a good acquisition and there's more to come. But big credit to JFC. He's played against two of the best sides in the division and done his job, kept it tight and put in a shift. Encouraging.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Though in all seriousness we shouldn't be too hard on NE, he wasn't slagging off Andrews like WW was with Dave.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Though in all seriousness we shouldn't be too hard on NE, he wasn't slagging Andrews like WW was with Dave.

Far from it, I have always like Andrews as a player. But I still think we expected Bridcutt to leave. When everyone is fit again we have too many central midfielders and good players will be out of the team. Right now it doesn't matter too much because we have players out and need all those available. But before too long players like Ince, JFC and/or Agustien (who isn't cheap, I'm sure) will be out of the picture.

My post was from a budget perspective - is the reason for our lack of a striker linked to the number of midfielders we have in the squad? I suspect so.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I work with a Bolton season ticket holder and when we signed Andrews I asked him what he thought of Andrews. His reply was that we were welcome to him and that the Bolton fans all thought he was totally over rated. Interesting, cos they seemed to be not doing too well so far without him and he has been a success for us. Perhaps our style of play suits him. He certainly seems to be enjoying his football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tbf to ninja I think he was right at the time to some degree. It's credit to Andrews that he's performed well recently...

The midfield three were superb tonight. I don't remember seeing JFC losing the ball once. Shame we lacked creativity as that's all that's lacking.

People often overlook JFCs ability to keep the ball. Andrews is also v gd at this. I think we're a fit Vicente type player from being a v good side...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Far from it, I have always like Andrews as a player. But I still think we expected Bridcutt to leave. When everyone is fit again we have too many central midfielders and good players will be out of the team. Right now it doesn't matter too much because we have players out and need all those available. But before too long players like Ince, JFC and/or Agustien (who isn't cheap, I'm sure) will be out of the picture.

My post was from a budget perspective - is the reason for our lack of a striker linked to the number of midfielders we have in the squad? I suspect so.

It will be harder for the younger lads to break through but as they say, quality will out, if they're good enough they'll get their chance. Neither JFC nor Ince are the finished articles just yet so it'd be better for them to be eased in gently. I suspect they'll have more opportunities under Oscar due to the Barcelona way of thinking, as much as I liked him Poyet never really gave the youth a chance last year.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Not afraid to dish out a few bollockings tonight. Lopez rightly got an earful after giving the ball away.
I also thought Caskey put in a good shift tonight.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not afraid to dish out a few bollockings tonight. Lopez rightly got an earful after giving the ball away.
I also thought Caskey put in a good shift tonight.

I like the sound of this guy and look forward to seeing him in the flesh for first time on Sat. Sounds richie carpenter like and fact he likes to shoot means he ought to be picked in this Albion side for that alone. One of em is going to fly in at some point!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I like the sound of this guy and look forward to seeing him in the flesh for first time on Sat. Sounds richie carpenter like and fact he likes to shoot means he ought to be picked in this Albion side for that alone. One of em is going to fly in at some point!

If its Andrews your talking about, he won't play Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here