Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't UNDERSTAND about the EMPTY seats

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
i was told today the ticket exchange from the club is coming in jan or feb or some time early next year but is on its way just organising it at momeent

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
Why would the Club support a scheme which could lose them money ? They have your money for your season ticket seat - they don't want you easily selling it onto a non season ticket holder as the demand for match day seats in the East South corner would cease. If the stadium was all ST then it could work.

The club would make money, exchange system only kicks in after non ST sold out, you get the season ticket value refunded less an admin fee. Buyer pays full price for the seat. Everyones happy

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
I have NEVER sat in my actual seat in the North Stand. Always stand at the back with a group of people I go to away games with. That's the same for the person that sits next to me.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
A simple scheme wouldn't even be difficult to implement. Why not just allow people to request a paper ticket online. Even if they charge £10 for the privilidge, it allows the season ticket holder to pass on or sell their ticket for any individual game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe its just the start of the general dip in attendances in the run up to Xmas. Have to say the North Stand concourse did seem less busy than normal and the queues for the bogs were shorter. Hoorah!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This has had a lot of threads, and I am sure it will get more due to the following

The ground capacity is down on wiki as 22,374

When you look around the ground and where ever you sit, it is hard to pick out many empty seats that could equate to 2K plus empty seats.

We have played Liverpool (21,897), Palace (20,968), West Ham (20,686) Leeds (20,646) and Donny (20,219) plus others where the game has been sold out but showing as under 20K.

This leaves between 800-2200 on tickets on the above listed sell out games as being possibly unsold or purchased and unused.

So conspiracy theorys will then abound that the club are holding back tickets, not counting tickets until the true science are shown, that either people do not turn up or sponsors/ players / Clubs and ST tickets go unused and the ground is so vast that 10 in every 100 seats plus away end non takers does not show to the human eye as many people missing.

So I have still not seen a good explaination and blame MI5....

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I blame the JWCL (johnny wont come latelys)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There were two seats two rows in front of me in the north which were empty because the fans are banned. They had given their smart cards to friends/family but the stewards asked them to leave.

Makes you wonder why the turnstiles let them in the ground.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It must be rocket science or the club don't need/want the money.. Weird!

The technology already exists and is in place. 1901ers can email a paper ticket for any match to any email address for which they cannot attend.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never knew that. Sounds like technology that could easily be rolled out to all STHs with access to email.

It's cool, I have used it. There is no technical reason I can see as to why it cannot be rolled out across the board. I do not think too many people would grumble if the club charged a few quid per transaction to make it worthwhile for the club.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
There are always lots of empty seats in the West South corner - the so called 'staff seats' (my lad worked in the ticket office so told me about these). This and the lack of the ticket exchange are an indictment on the inefficiency of the Club ground management. The ticket office management and the MD should be bonus incentivised to sort this asap, it's amateur.

PG

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here