Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't think I have a career in cake making ahead of me...

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
This is the first time I've ever iced a cake. It was a bit of a disaster...
And why does the blue food colouring not go dark enough?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not bad but wrong home shirt

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Ahh, good idea.
That's water on it. lol.

Yeah - usually goes soggy with all the colour you add before you ever get the colous you want....I tend to buy it pre coloured now off ebay - loads of it on there - but only if you do loads of cakes to be fair...

Water? :lol: It'll take donkeys to go hard again unless you don't mind soggy? :lol::cool:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sweat Tede, Its hard work running around. What Gina has clearly done is inject some realism into her confectionary. Something some of the major sweet makers could bear in mind. Lion Bar, where's the lion ?

He he poor Gina - and she can't have anythink alcoholic to replace the lost fluids!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My Dad (a qualified baker) told me that blue is the hardest colour to make and contains more chemicals than any other, so give it to kids and they will probably get hyper.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My Dad (a qualified baker) told me that blue is the hardest colour to make and contains more chemicals than any other, so give it to kids and they will probably get hyper.

My son is having another TARDIS cake for his party on Saturday. :ohmy:

But in the light of this blue die shananigan, I think an Albion away kit cake is the way forward. :thumbsup:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Yeah - usually goes soggy with all the colour you add before you ever get the colous you want....I tend to buy it pre coloured now off ebay - loads of it on there - but only if you do loads of cakes to be fair...

Water? :lol: It'll take donkeys to go hard again unless you don't mind soggy? :lol::cool:

I think my next attempt will be better. This one is going to be eaten on Saturday so it can dry out. I'm actually quite proud. I would show my mum but she doesn't approve of football :(

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think my next attempt will be better. This one is going to be eaten on Saturday so it can dry out. I'm actually quite proud. I would show my mum but she doesn't approve of football :(

You should be proud! Its pretty grand I reckon - I'd eat it and be pleased as punch!

Don't mind your Mum - mine doesn't like motor racing, and thats pretty much all we do with our spare time - its frustrating as I'm sure if she went she rpoabbly wouldn't enjoy it too much but she'd see how much we enjoy it and then understand a bit more....but thats Mum's for you - stubbornly protective - she probably thinks you're a hooligan :lol:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
You should be proud! Its pretty grand I reckon - I'd eat it and be pleased as punch!

Don't mind your Mum - mine doesn't like motor racing, and thats pretty much all we do with our spare time - its frustrating as I'm sure if she went she rpoabbly wouldn't enjoy it too much but she'd see how much we enjoy it and then understand a bit more....but thats Mum's for you - stubbornly protective - she probably thinks you're a hooligan :lol:

We should swap Mums. My parents are big into racing - especially bikes. They both work together running a motorbike shop.

I am especially proud as it took 3 cakes to make the shirt one. My flatmates ate the first one whilst I was out. Not happy! Apparently you can buy tins in the shirt shape.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here