Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "I don't like VAR any more"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Offside has nothing to do with clear and obvious, it’s been clarified so many times it’s factul and not subjective.

Saying that, it’s still shit.
But it's not clear and obvious - only 'clear and obvious' (so not all that clear and obvious at all) after two minutes and imaginary lines badly drawn.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But it's not clear and obvious - only 'clear and obvious' (so not all that clear and obvious at all) after two minutes and imaginary lines badly drawn.
But offside decisions by VAR have nothing to do with clear and obvious, never part of the remit. I don't agree with but them the laws!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bin it off for rest of the season.
For handball if the ball hits any part of arm below the breast give a pen. It dont matter how close defender is. This way there is no Ambiguity.

Offside, 10 seconds to make Decision, no slow motion, straight look at monitor clear or not. If you have to draw lines its not clear so goal given.

If a player nakes contact with the ball first no foul. No slow motion.

VAR used for possible red cards, up or down grades on cards.

VAR used for retrospective action after game .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But offside decisions by VAR have nothing to do with clear and obvious, never part of the remit. I don't agree with but them the laws!
But they ARE nothing to do with clear and obvious. Two minutes later and an aberrant toenail - that is NOT clear and obvious.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You know what I'm fed up with about VAR.

It's the fact that " Pundit " keep slagging it off. VAR is just an extra eye but the interpretation of certain aspects of the rules are always gonna be down to " subjectivity" . Just sack the pundits and let us just watch the match in peace.

On MOTD they started analysing that Everton defender after one or 2 games and then decided he was the next Franz Beckenbauer. And the clips they used to justify the statements was bog standard stuff you can see a 40 something doing in League 2.

So I say with VAR. Either use it or don't but don't have it be judged by these blokes who will contradict anything just to keep themselves relevant and in a job.

I mean. The slag off what gambling has done to ruin the lives of some former players and next minute they are in a Bet Fred Promotion Advert

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You know what I'm fed up with about VAR.

It's the fact that " Pundit " keep slagging it off. VAR is just an extra eye but the interpretation of certain aspects of the rules are always gonna be down to " subjectivity" . Just sack the pundits and let us just watch the match in peace.
Hogwash!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another case last night. A Barnet player scored with his hand. Referee would not have seen him as he was behind in a crowded box. Linesman, even if he had a clear view, may well not have been certain. The hand was close to the head. But the replay clearly shows the hand is deliberately used when the player misses his header. The goal wasn't crucial, but imagine if it was.

You could argue a player should own up. But they don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here