Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't hate Crystal Palace

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Football rivalries are weird. I hate Palace, but if they didn't exist I'd miss them. I can't say the same about Portsmouth.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Where do you get that from

Oh, I dunno. The tiresome abuse you put Ankergren's way last season (Wankergren as you called him), your slagging off of, again, your name for him, 'McSmudger' and Barnes...I just seem to notice a lot of negativity and abuse when you post. Might just be me!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Never hated Palace, but its good to have a rival and some bunter. However, I am growing to resent them and feel their clean bill of health in 2010 was cheating...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
our wages are way below bha's and we work within a budget. although the albion fans seem to think its all rosy somethings not right ,selling best player sacking gully girls, sacking caterers and no sign of a striker even on loan. maybe totally wrong but all seems a bit strange

Money came up in conversation with someone connected with Palace, you certainly paid Murray 5k plus more than we were offering on our budget and we are apparently about 14th in the championship for wages, so you are doing very well if your budget is below ours.

Things are very good thanks, new seats going in, new training ground approved, new caterers in, new dance troop, Gus still searching for a new striker to complement CMS. All new and exciting, thanks.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Money came up in conversation with someone connected with Palace, you certainly paid Murray 5k plus more than we were offering on our budget and we are apparently about 14th in the championship for wages, so you are doing very well if your budget is below ours.

Things are very good thanks, new seats going in, new training ground approved, new caterers in, new dance troop, Gus still searching for a new striker to complement CMS. All new and exciting, thanks.

yep murrays on 10k, im just saying bha owe 90mill for the stadium and a lot of players on 15k plus and more

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Oh, I dunno. The tiresome abuse you put Ankergren's way last season (Wankergren as you called him), your slagging off of, again, your name for him, 'McSmudger' and Barnes...I just seem to notice a lot of negativity and abuse when you post. Might just be me!

Ankergren lost my faith when he ducked to avoid the shot at goal in the Liverpool game at home at the Falmer,i have never seen a keeper do that before and probably never will again,Barnes and McSmudger are not fitting into the current team, most now agree with me.We need to sign 2 strikers the rest of the 1st team are more than good enough to win this league i have never run them down

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove

yep murrays on 10k, im just saying bha owe 90mill for the stadium and a lot of players on 15k plus and more

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

My understanding is Murray is on more, but perhaps you are right. The Stadium is all financed by Tony Bloom's own money as an interest free loan that won't be paid back. He is also funding the training ground and has a tight grip on finances.

I am not aware of a lot of our players being on 15k plus, you mentioned us selling our best players like POTS Elliot Bennet and Craig Noone, they got very big pay rises and were a loss to our team.

This thread is about our relationship with you and I have two good friend who are Palace fans, I have attended games with them at both grounds and like many on here have mentioned like talking with fans who appreciate the game. I genuinely believe you need to update Selhurst if you go up, its dated as the Goldstone would have been if we hadnt made our painful journey to Falmer.

On the Catering front, how did you find your AMEX experience last year when you came down, even with Azure (who have now gone) I believe its better than what I have experienced at Selhurst in the away and home ends.

I am not sure about the Rosy, we really have got it good at present and as you know it can all come crashing down but long term it is looking good for the Albion. If you can bear it come and do a tour of the AMEX (get sponsored for REMF) we really are lucky to have one of the best facilities going right now.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Well I personally hate you all. I think you're scum and welcome every chance we have to put you back in your place looking up at us whilst we tread on you. (However I respect you as a football club who's had an awful time of it, even if half your fans no nothing about your history).

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How strange my I have family buried in Queens rd cemetery and my Nan's older family were from a fishing family from Brighton (Gillams) who moved to Croydon in fact they were bombed out in the street behind Queens rd and yes..........I hate Brighton with a passion

My family are related to the Gillams. In fact we're connected via Captain Fred Collins Gillam - quite a famous Brighton seafarer.

You'll find more here if interested...

Captain Frederick Collins

Another connection is my second cousin, who s Kenny Sansom.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yep.

We used to play them often in Div3(S) and we always wanted to win.The "hatred " born in the 70's was largely phoney,based on the need of some supporters to have a rivalry somewhere.And the lot fell on Palace,whose older supporters must have been as amazed as our regular supporters to see a fairly mundane rivalry turn into a bitter feud.

Sorry,playmates;they support their club much as we support ours,and good luck to them for that.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
A rivalry built on a clash of personalities in the spurs dressing room in the 60s, doesn't sound too convincing when put like that.

I'm 30, missed the 'drama' of hot drinks and coins being dropped, the rivalry is ridiculous to me, presumably if Crawley are promoted they will still be second to palace in the rivalry stakes?

I don't mind palace at all, in fact the first 2 games of league football I ever saw was in the home end of selhurst, 8 years before I saw my first Albion game!

I work in Thornton Heath and have convinced 2 chaps in their early 20s (Liverpool supporters) to sign up for the half season ticket palace are offering. Why you ask? I told them they had an established champ team on their doorstep, get off the armchair and go and watch some football.

Jan 30, 2008
Its an embarrassing, petty and childish rivalry with a club located FORTY FOUR MILES AWAY, and is based on the fact that a few knuckleheads ran around trying to cave each other's square heads in back in the 70s. Big deal.

There I said it.

Phew.... that feels good.

.... and in view of that, perhaps a bit of perspective on us losing last Saturday away from home with 10 men for 86 minutes to the 2nd best team in the division, non??
:fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here