Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I cant wait for a Barnes winner tonight.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
No doubt he will still get abuse.

Just out of interest, who will everyone blame if he doesn't play and the defence switch off AGAIN to concede?

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
I will blame Tarrico.

the idea seems to be that Barnes is alright cause he does the ugly things, the things people don't really see, I just don't get it i don't want my forward doing that that's not a forwards job I want him scoring goals creating chances and banging away penalties

dobbie must be shaking his head sitting on the bench thinking what am i doing here

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
the idea seems to be that Barnes is alright cause he does the ugly things, the things people don't really see, I just don't get it i don't want my forward doing that that's not a forwards job I want him scoring goals creating chances and banging away penalties

dobbie must be shaking his head sitting on the bench thinking what am i doing here

So you think his defensive work is meaningless and has no value, just because he has the label 'forward'?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be quite happy if he did or even Dunk but I wont hold my breath. I am seriously hoping that we will be well ahead by the middle of 2nd half. I think their win on Saturday away could work in our favour as our players wont think of the win as a mere formality and under estimate them.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
People have been paving the way for Greer to become a serious panto bad guy at the club for a few weeks now, as soon a Barnes is dropped, GG is getting both barrels.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No doubt he will still get abuse.

Just out of interest, who will everyone blame if he doesn't play and the defence switch off AGAIN to concede?

Assuming Bridge isn't fit, I'm guessing Painter will get it in the neck if there is no one ahead of him to protect him.

FWIW I hope Barnes doesn't start tonight. The lad needs to be taken out of the spotlight.

I'm hoping that Bristol City don't pose too much of a threat tonight (But I thought the same about Brum and Ipswich).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barnes. If it wasn't for him, the team that plays tonight would have played together more often, and learnt each others runs better. Everything is Barnes's fault, regardless of any facts.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
People have been paving the way for Greer to become a serious panto bad guy at the club for a few weeks now, as soon a Barnes is dropped, GG is getting both barrels.

I have a sneaking suspicion we will see Gary Dicker involved in the next couple of games, which will probably serve to let GG off the hook.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

he was on saturday.....

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Yeah that's right, Barnes came off and THAT'S why the defence lost concentration.

It had nothing to do with the fact there were 10 minutes to go and, just like any other football match where one side has been ahead by a single goal, the opposition came at them and put pressure on them. I'm sure if BARNES was on the pitch, his contribution from the left hand side of midfield would've been invaluable in stopping N'Gog running unopposed through the centre to put it in.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
One thing I have noticed, is that when Barnes goes through a bad patch, and lots of people clamour for him to be dropped - he turns it around and scores fairly soon after (sometimes even twice)... I wouldn't write him off yet...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here