Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"I can't see"

Arrived in my ST seat in the NS and felt uncomfortable standing up. I'm a reasonable kind of person so rather than get annoyed I sat down for the majority of the game........however.........

One of the reasons I enjoy my seat is that since "the Amex" opened I've stood all game, every game. For 2 1/2 years no one has complained about my standing.

Today was (result excluded) an infuriating experience.

Please don't bring young children/wives/girlfriends into what you know will be an area that might contain some "industrial" language &/or standing and then complain. If I think the referee/opposing manager is a c*nt I will say so. If you want to stand up, as I do every week, please adjust your own view rather than moan like Adam Lallana.

Rant over

??? A BIT ARROGANT:moo:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am confused, looks like many Ns STHs did not use their seat on Saturday. Therefore they are moaning that a lot of people who go into the NS for cup games expect to sit or do not want to hear industrial language. But I thought I read somewhere on here that the singing was better from the north on Saturday. Maybe those who did not take up their seats on Saturday were not missed

The atmosphere was better simply because there was a bit more freedom to stand where you wanted. The Judge was over to the left with big screen guys. Quite a few of the people who normally sit in the middle moved over to the police box side, and were not stood under the police box. I think that is the biggest difference, standing under the police box was a huge mistake as it really separated those singers from the rest of the North.

We really need a singing section, the back four rows thing is the real issue in the North. At present the singers are spread all across the back rows, concentrate that in to one or two blocks and the atmosphere will improve immediately. Then maybe just maybe all the cliques and complaints about others will end as well.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
The WSU was full of JCLs as well if it's any consolation.

That's brilliant , but never mind Notters perhaps you would prefer to be back at a rain drenched Withdean, (if you went ) with all the loyal diehards or perhaps see the Amex brimming to the rafters with 6519 supporters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some people really need to get over themselves. Supporting the club at Gillingham/Withdean was something to moan about, having to watch one match sitting down in our fantastic stadium is not a valid reason to start moaning like a little bitch.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Arrived in my ST seat in the NS and felt uncomfortable standing up. I'm a reasonable kind of person so rather than get annoyed I sat down for the majority of the game........however.........

One of the reasons I enjoy my seat is that since "the Amex" opened I've stood all game, every game. For 2 1/2 years no one has complained about my standing.

Today was (result excluded) an infuriating experience.

Please don't bring young children/wives/girlfriends into what you know will be an area that might contain some "industrial" language &/or standing and then complain. If I think the referee/opposing manager is a c*nt I will say so. If you want to stand up, as I do every week, please adjust your own view rather than moan like Adam Lallana.

Rant over

Do you have piles?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why are football stadiums considered different to any where else people go in public? It's like you step inside a stadium and are apparently then excused for acting like a grown up.

If someone went around other public places in the public shouting at someone calling them a c**t people would rightly view them as an utter moron.

The price of a ticket allows you to watch the game. Not the right to act like a troglodyte.

I'm seriously concerned that this is the shape of things to come for 2014, agreeing with Biggums!!!!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
You shouldn't be allowed to buy a ticket in row AA without being told that people tend to stand there.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
The WSU was full of JCLs as well if it's any consolation.

Sounds awful. I agree that no new fans should ever be welcome to come. Only those of us who had season tickets at Gillingham should be allowed even near the Amex. 1500 or so people every week would give us a nice sized player kitty!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'we'?? 'we'?? What happened to your hilarious signature about not going to games? Surely you're far too busy posting on every thread being contrary to worry about the atmosphere at the Amex. Those forum posts aren't going to post themselves.

What an ironic post given your so called "boycott" of home games. Regardless, I've never understood why people think an atmosphere can't be created while seated - lack of imagination I guess.

Notice how I said 'away'. You know, those games you almost certainly don't go to :bigwave:

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Next time I go to the cinema I am going to stand up.
If anybody objects I am going to shout at them and generally abuse them with foul language.
Please feel free to visit me in prison.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'we'?? 'we'?? What happened to your hilarious signature about not going to games? Surely you're far too busy posting on every thread being contrary to worry about the atmosphere at the Amex. Those forum posts aren't going to post themselves.

Oh dear - "you're what kills the atmosphere at home" :facepalm:

I don't need to go very often to know it's true though. :bigwave:

"I'm fully entitled to sit at the back of the North Stand, sit down quietly and moan at everyone else."

^^^^^^ That is what is wrong with our atmosphere, too many people like that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's brilliant , but never mind Notters perhaps you would prefer to be back at a rain drenched Withdean, (if you went ) with all the loyal diehards or perhaps see the Amex brimming to the rafters with 6519 supporters

Sounds awful. I agree that no new fans should ever be welcome to come. Only those of us who had season tickets at Gillingham should be allowed even near the Amex. 1500 or so people every week would give us a nice sized player kitty!
I didn't say that, it was good to see lots of kids.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well said mark (OP). I felt exactly the same as you. We all have a preference, mine is to stand, sing and shout during a game. I feel more a part of the game. We’re in N1F and it's a great atmosphere week In week out. 98% of the ground, including the best views, are available for those who want to sit. So why come to the North Stand sit in the back rows and 30 seconds into the game complain because people are standing. It's not like it's a surprise.
Young man....you have a lot to learn with the selfish attitude of 'I'll stand if I want'...one day if you're lucky, you will reach the age of not being able to stand up....just have a thought for the people behind you...some cannot stand and they do not buy a ticket to stare at the back of your jacket. If you want to stand...you have the back row...but today it's...I'm alright...s*d you...suppose it's modern society.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here