Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I assume the Palace Ultra or whatever they are called are planning a "display"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Here it is: (apparently "players come and go, but Legends are forever") Oops! :lolol:

article-2224948-15A53778000005DC-201_634x409.jpg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Jealousy is a terrible thing to behold.

As you march on towards corporate football land, prawn sandwiches and the like, bankrolled by a sugar daddy, lots of people turn up at the ground but I wonder how many actual fans ? Then when you are no doubt uber-successful and don't even have a single player who knew where Brighton was before signing his multi-million pound contract, let alone grew up there, you will wonder why you feel you have nothing in common with your team anymore. You will have what you apparently wish for - a full stadium with bigger crowds than us which is oh so important to you all but no heart or soul whatsoever. You can mock all you like, but secretly I think you know how shallow your football supporting life is becoming and will become because you value the £ more than anything else. Demonstrated so well by how many people prioritise getting home at a decent time to supporting the team for the whole 90 minutes. You cant say it on here, but I suspect many of you long for the unity, passion and togetherness we routinely demonstrate.

Would be terrible if you never got out of the championship though...

Congratulations on your thesis. You're absolutely right, on every point. In fact so much so, that tonight I shall be supporting Palace.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

As you march on towards corporate football land, prawn sandwiches and the like, bankrolled by a sugar daddy, lots of people turn up at the ground but I wonder how many actual fans ? Then when you are no doubt uber-successful and don't even have a single player who knew where Brighton was before signing his multi-million pound contract, let alone grew up there, you will wonder why you feel you have nothing in common with your team anymore. You will have what you apparently wish for - a full stadium with bigger crowds than us which is oh so important to you all but no heart or soul whatsoever. You can mock all you like, but secretly I think you know how shallow your football supporting life is becoming and will become because you value the £ more than anything else. Demonstrated so well by how many people prioritise getting home at a decent time to supporting the team for the whole 90 minutes. You cant say it on here, but I suspect many of you long for the unity, passion and togetherness we routinely demonstrate.

Brilliant start to your post. Did you realise how jealous YOU sound?

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368205101.055066.jpg

"Our chairman is considerably richer than yows"

Nothing but jealousy!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Oh my lord. You lot really are green with envy aren't you.

You can't point to our proud history of having fought for our club and winning can you? You all turned up to watch premier league football but when the going got tough, administration. Twice.

If Palace ever went homeless and ended up bottom of the football league, I doubt very much you'd make your way back. You just don't have the passion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet there will be 'WELCOME TO HELL' banners.

Quite why they feel the need to state the bleeding obvious, is beyond me.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2

You lot are like a broken record aren't you. Chatting endless nonsense.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Jealousy ? Ha ha that's excellent.

There's no thread on our message board wondering if the plastics are taking over ! Truth hurts evidently :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Re: I assume the Palace Ultra or whatever they are called are planning a "display"

There's no thread on our message board wondering if the plastics are taking over ! Truth hurts evidently :)

Maybe that's because you only get very very poor crowds.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton

How can we be full of plastics? We have padded seats, so try again pikey ****.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

There are serious elements of truth in this post,lots of which i would gladly harp back to and for,i also wish i was young again and could do it all over again,however it will not happen.

So where does this leave us,well we all clubs find ourselves in the modern era of sponsorship,players wages,tv rights so on and so forth of a scale never seen before,and it is a game that is changing,i might add in terminal decline unless something is done to cap wages.

Brighton have been gifted a golden chance to compete in this modern game with a new stadium......

In short as the match is starting soon,Palace will have to adapt or fall behind long term,that's assuming that they don't go into Admin a 3rd time and get kicked out of the league,in order to grab a Prawn sandwich or 2 in trying to keep up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Everything about your club is tinpot, you know it, we know it , everyone knows it. :wanker:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Some educated and compelling answers to my point, clearly. You lot must be the brains of the operation. As such can you tell me why your 'fans' made practically no noise tonight, bar the occasional go at a half-hearted 'Albion, Albion' and then celebrating a 0-0 draw like you'd won the league ? Were they maybe in shock at other fans actually making some noise and supporting their team, or were they too busy checking how long before the final whistle they'd have to leave to catch the train ? Really really poor support, your players deserve better, surely ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some educated and compelling answers to my point, clearly. You lot must be the brains of the operation. As such can you tell me why your 'fans' made practically no noise tonight, bar the occasional go at a half-hearted 'Albion, Albion' and then celebrating a 0-0 draw like you'd won the league ? Were they maybe in shock at other fans actually making some noise and supporting their team, or were they too busy checking how long before the final whistle they'd have to leave to catch the train ? Really really poor support, your players deserve better, surely ?

Heard them clearly on the telly, all I heard from your lot was the t'wat on the drum:ffsparr:

Tinpot.

You should be embarrassed, I heard what the whole nation heard.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Heard them clearly on the telly, all I heard from your lot was the t'wat on the drum:ffsparr:

Tinpot.

You should be embarrassed, I heard what the whole nation heard.

:lolol:

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see you through, eh Bladders ?

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
keep banging that drum palace .....throw in a trumpeter playing the last post to really capture your slow painful decline into obscurity > 20 k for a play off semi ....embarassing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here