Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am SO pissed off.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
Partly with the result, but mainly with the pathetic "gus out" drivel spouted by some of our so called fans. Yes, gus got it very wrong today and he has made mistakes other times this season, but I simply cannot fathom how that means he should be sacked. We are a newly promoted club challenging ( or at least were) for promotion. We are not ready for the prem, but that is because we need to develop our squad a bit. If you are not happy with this season, f*** off and support man u (I don't care how long you have supported Brighton, that just makes it even more stunning that you are moaning now). We are all pissed off with the result, and have a right to be, but we have no right to turn on the manager who has achieved so much. That is just pathetic.

And yes, this is a rant. And a moan.

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
Partly with the result, but mainly with the pathetic "gus out" drivel spouted by some of our so called fans. Yes, gus got it very wrong today and he has made mistakes other times this season, but I simply cannot fathom how that means he should be sacked. We are a newly promoted club challenging ( or at least were) for promotion. We are not ready for the prem, but that is because we need to develop our squad a bit. If you are not happy with this season, f*** off and support man u (I don't care how long you have supported Brighton, that just makes it even more stunning that you are moaning now). We are all pissed off with the result, and have a right to be, but we have no right to turn on the manager who has achieved so much. That is just pathetic.

Well said. In full agreement with you here.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
as i said in another thread, i would never call for gus to be sacked.

but he got it horrifically wrong today you can't deny it.

poyet has us sitting 8th in the championship, that is amazing, to even think that we could challenge for the playoffs is brilliant, but when we play a very strong side away from home, you do not pick the weakest starting 11 you can possibly field. the only redeeming feature is that it was another start for vicente and kevtherev will have to lose another bollock.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Fu-k off and support manure:lol:
People are entitled to moan you know,gus got us promoted like micky adams did with a shoe string budget,we have a superb stadium and quality players so standards are expected to rise.

I know many on here couldn't care if we was bottom of league 2 as they feel superior to other supporters???
On another note gus has fu*ked up big time with his tactics and even most of our supporters knew what was coming today.

kevin.b

Feb 2, 2011
I agree with the main post. Its time the players who are not to the standard of this league stood up and asked for a transfer!!!!!!!!!

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I agree with the main post. Its time the players who are not to the standard of this league stood up and asked for a transfer!!!!!!!!!

That would be a major clear out. Which is exactly what we need if Tony and the board are serious about The Prem.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Gus will have learnt a lot from this season. Yes today's result is gutting, but he has to learn that we need to be able to play in more than one way. We have no variation and a lack of experienced players at this level and his constant tinkering with the team hasn't helped and emphasises that he doesn't really know what his best 11 is. I'm sure he will adjust the squad over the summer and clear out those who have come up short of which 5 or 6 players would fall into that category. It was always going to be a 'learning' season this year and even though the play offs appear to be gone, overall the season has been positive IMO. Clear out the dead wood and bring in some more experience and next season we hopefully can stay the course for at least a play off spot.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I agree up to a point with this post, but my problem is that in any job - any career - there are certain things that are expected of you. If you cock-up, you can expect to be disciplined. Fair enough, that's understandable.

In our case, any defeat can be taken on the chin. A defeat on the scale of today's result is simply disgraceful. 6-0? It's not just the result either, but the way we played that was woeful from start to finish. We've had a shakey run of form since Blackpool, but I am not for one second suggesting Poyet should quit / get sacked. What I am saying is that this was more than just an "off day". It was more than that, something truly embarrassing and disappointing. What went wrong? I don't know. I don't have the expertise that Poyet has, but what I do know is that our performance was depressingly awful. GP has done wonderful things with this club, turning us round in the space of three seasons. Of course I'm happy with how well we've done under GP, and thrilled that we're 8th in the Championship, but let's make no bones about the magnitude of today's performance.

If we win 30 out of our 46 games, does that automatically give us the right to defend as poorly as we did today? If this result doesn't leave some people even slightly irritated, what will?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Maybe today proves what Gus said a few weeks ago that he doesn't do the contracts with the players until the end of season and today a few have been shown wanting.IMO we may see a good few leave in the summer as the away form has been poor and with more money available better players will be joining, Bloom I suspect can be ruthless when needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here