Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am F********

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Don't worry about it mate. They are a stepping stone to the next stage in education. I had a lot of mates that ended up resitting one or two GCSEs while they were in 6th form. It isn't a massive deal and you just have to make sure that you learn from it and don't mess up second time round.

Like others have said, I haven't been asked once about my GCSE's and I am only 26. They want either A-Levels, Degree or any relevant work experience.

My other half recently decided to retrain as a nurse but she didn't have the maths GCSE to do it. All she had to do was attend a college course for a year which was an access course to the main one. Even if you get bad grades there is always a way to rectify it if you want to. Chin up and good luck for results day as I am sure they will be better than you expect

I agree with most of the above, for most careers they are a number of pathways you may take longer to get there but if you are committed you will get there in the end. A few words of warning, a lot of students will start a levels with renewed vigour, only to slip back into their old lazy ways and ultimately fail. To do well at a level you will need to do at least 10 hours of home study per week, more if you are academically weaker i.e. a b/c student at gcse.
Gcse grades do matter for university courses, more competitive universities will filter out weaker gcse students even if they are predicted high grades at a level.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
yeah, but I also got 2 Es :(

Out of interest in what ? You got 7 good grades and the two key ones - you should be celebrating - have a beer or something ( obviously a non-alcoholic beer ! )

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
yeah, but I also got 2 Es :(

Unless they were in a subject you want to study at college, don't worry about it.

I got a U and an E (along with 2 C's) for my A-Levels and it hasn't affected me at all! Once I got my degree and some relevant work experience, no one cared about my GCSE or A-Level results and I just don't put bad results on my CV.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember arriving at school on the day of my GCSE results with people having MELTDOWNS around me.

"oh Ive got 28 A*'s and 14 A's. What did you get? what did you get!!?? Oh my god. Oh my god. I'm so happy. "

I literally opened the envelope. Counted the first 5 A-C grades and closed it knowing that was college sorted. I can't tell you for the life of me what my results were. No one has ever asked or cared.

I really wouldn't even bother yourself with caring over the E grades. It will have no impact on you.

But well done. It's a stressful time no matter how much people mock them or the results.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
French and Classical Civilisation

So nothing important then. Trust me you will probably look back at failing these and laugh in years to come just like I do that I failed RE. Because it means sweet FA in life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here