Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia post match interview

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bruno talking sense and sounds way more passionate than Hyypia. Saying all the right things about being behind the manager, which is nice....

He has said the summer was bad bringing in players too late and now we have many loan players which is also not good. So Bruno can now join us bedwetters.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Hyypia says they were working on defending this week? That went about as well as when they worked on shooting practice during the international break. A defensively solid midfield might have been a starting point.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think we miss Greer, particularly leadership wise?

Probably, but I don't think the players comprehend what it is Hyypia wants them to do. We look clueless, the manager has to carry the can for that. I don't think Hughes is much of a step down from Greer tbh.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Please resign, or please sack him. Relegation nailed on if he isn't out asap!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I just look around and can't see anyone leading it.....

Barnes was a leader, Crofts, Andrews (Hammond the year before), Upson.......

We have no-one now.......

Poor recruitment, poor management, poor tactics and at the moment little hope.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Zero leadership on the pitch.
Zero leadership off it
:nono:

Left early for the first time in many many years. Pondering the decision now whether to blow £70 on petrol and ten hours of driving (I frigging hate the M25 on a Friday afternoon) or a tenner to watch from the comfort of my armchair........

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Emotionless platitudes and bollocks.

Just accept your responsibility and resign you dull dull man

Every other week he talks about being in a position of coming back from 3-0 down when he was at Liverpool and it's becoming as boring as Whelan mentioning breaking his leg in a Cup Final at every opportunity.

Bless him, he was this boring in the summer too so the results have not changed him.

the impression I get from hyypia is he just does not know what to do in regards to taking the lead and conceding soon after or the systems he uses are not working....the players are not doing what he wants at times....concentration is not there throughout 90 mins despite the problem being there all season so far...it all adds up to the fact that he is out of his depth but he dont know what to do!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like folk missed this quote on the BBC...

"I think I can turn it around. If I don't think I can turn it around then I will walk away.
"I will still be here and taking training on Monday. Only if I am told from elsewhere will I not be taking training, but that is a matter and a decision that is out of my control.
"However, I don't expect to be told. I don't expect that to happen."

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Said it before in the last season and a half the spine of our team has been decimated. We have lost kush, Al-abd , upson, bridcutt, crofts, Stephens, Barnes & ulloa. All of those players gave 100 percent every game and we're all leaders on the pitch and happy to put their foot in where it hurt. The current team is a pale imitation.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's talking about learning ?!?? Now is *not* the time to be learning how to be a football manager. Let's get somebody who actually knows how to be a manager.
It IS a risk employing a greenhorn. For us it worked with Poyet and Mullery, this time it's backfired.

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008

Completely agree. There is nil steel, fight or desire. Even Greer seems to be a shadow of his former self in terms of motivating on the pitch.

It's in the midfield particularly where we're losing games, Ince (and Holla at the start of the season) are the only ones that actually bring some kind of presence to that part of the pitch. We are seriously lacking a hardened, ball winner who can play ugly when needed. Crofts is a massive loss.

It was a surprisingly confident interview - didn't seem to be under any pressure at all. See you at training Monday, a little smile and a rueful joke - doesnt look a man about to chuck towel in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here