Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Millwall press conference.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
You are either a windup or a big baby.

Think i read on here that he (skylar) is the poster (fat belly) if true the bloke is a total t*at especially after his showdown with a steward over bag inspection and consequent threats of leaving to become a season ticket holder at Selhurst. apologies if untrue but, if correct, his opinions are to be completely ignored.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Think i read on here that he (skylar) is the poster (fat belly) if true the bloke is a total t*at especially after his showdown with a steward over bag inspection and consequent threats of leaving to become a season ticket holder at Selhurst. apologies if untrue but, if correct, his opinions are to be completely ignored.

Yep, he's a waste of skin.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Q - missing a few people, how are the others?
A - KLL out, not able to train. Sam doesn't look good but have 24hr to make a decisions
Q - frustrated?
A - its part of football. need to adapt to injuries.
Q - how are you this week?
A -atmo is positive here, important game, dont expect less from players than any other game. need to make sure we do everything we can
Q - Do you worry that stakes are high...if you conceeded / atmo in stadium
A - we are resp for making atmo good, we get them behind us. its 90mins. doesn't change much if they score...dont get nervous. obvious want to score and keep clean sheet. we will get the people behind us (score etc...). Need fans more than any other time.
Q - Milwall...what do they pose?
A - The Manager tells you everything, the team has same as manager. They will come to fight and get something from the game. We need to be prepared for the fight and our quality can win the game.
Q - EB extended, will Bent?
A - i have had lots on my mind. It is very important we turn the corner first. We need to win and be consistent on fri.
Q - Bent an asset against Fulham
A - Bent is great player, would like to keep him but not sure if its possible.
Q - You have played big games, (regarding) rivalries...whats it like to be in those games
A - i remember liverpool when played Everton /United it meant a lot to fans. They looked forward to the games than the players. Just one game amongst many. Not really mattered, always got to win no matter who you play. need to prep the same. Professionalism. I hope our players have that mentality.
Q - How important is the game? for you and club.
A - don't have to talk anymore about the importance of the game. everyone knows its an important game but its a game amongst other games. we can talk after the game how it feels.
Q - ???? holaway
A - i look forward as much as to go against other managers. no difference
Q - How much can you do on the training ground?
A - Attitude is to train to get the confidence and get the rhythm. Good intensity in training. No reason why cant do it in game. struggle over 90mins intensity. Difficult to explain. need to have everyone up for the task.
Q - Millwall struggling, any priority on those around you (in league) or play the same as you do against other teams?
A - think if you start to pay attention / direct rival / in league its not the right way to approach Everyone knows its important and everyone wants to turn the corner. Hope it will be tomorrow night.
Thanks for that :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think there will be some choice words directed towards the finn tomorrow if things go pear shaped ( or should that read when )

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I actually began to feel a bit sorry for (revered millionaire ex-player) Hyypia watching that interview, in his eyes I saw a beaten man.

Lets hope we can go on a 20 game unbeaten run and cheer us all up.

:bhasign:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Q - missing a few people, how are the others?
A - KLL out, not able to train. Sam doesn't look good but have 24hr to make a decisions
Q - frustrated?
A - its part of football. need to adapt to injuries.
Q - how are you this week?
A -atmo is positive here, important game, dont expect less from players than any other game. need to make sure we do everything we can
Q - Do you worry that stakes are high...if you conceeded / atmo in stadium
A - we are resp for making atmo good, we get them behind us. its 90mins. doesn't change much if they score...dont get nervous. obvious want to score and keep clean sheet. we will get the people behind us (score etc...). Need fans more than any other time.
Q - Milwall...what do they pose?
A - The Manager tells you everything, the team has same as manager. They will come to fight and get something from the game. We need to be prepared for the fight and our quality can win the game.
A - i have had lots on my mind. It is very important we turn the corner first. We need to win and be consistent on fri.
Q - Bent an asset against Fulham
A - Bent is great player, would like to keep him but not sure if its possible.
Q - You have played big games, (regarding) rivalries...whats it like to be in those games
A - i remember liverpool when played Everton /United it meant a lot to fans. They looked forward to the games than the players. Just one game amongst many. Not really mattered, always got to win no matter who you play. need to prep the same. Professionalism. I hope our players have that mentality.
Q - How important is the game? for you and club.
A - don't have to talk anymore about the importance of the game. everyone knows its an important game but its a game amongst other games. we can talk after the game how it feels.
Q - ???? holaway
A - i look forward as much as to go against other managers. no difference
A - Attitude is to train to get the confidence and get the rhythm. Good intensity in training. No reason why cant do it in game. struggle over 90mins intensity. Difficult to explain. need to have everyone up for the task.
Q - Millwall struggling, any priority on those around you (in league) or play the same as you do against other teams?
A - think if you start to pay attention / direct rival / in league its not the right way to approach Everyone knows its important and everyone wants to turn the corner. Hope it will be tomorrow night.

All seems fine. Revealing about Darren Bent though. They clearly rate him highly, as we should at this level. It'll be a shame if we can't hold on to him for longer. He could be pivotal.

Yoda

English & European

Two points stand out from these Q&A's

1, He's not sure about trying to extend Bent's deal as he's not even sure he's still going to be here.

2, Maybe, just maybe, training sessions are too intense if the players are not able to keep it up for 90 consecutive minutes. ???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I actually began to feel a bit sorry for (revered millionaire ex-player) Hyypia watching that interview, in his eyes I saw a beaten man.

Lets hope we can go on a 20 game unbeaten run and cheer us all up.

:bhasign:

I thought that a few weeks ago. He does look and sound a beaten man which is a real worry. I'm not sure even Hyypia himself thinks he can turn it around.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought that a few weeks ago. He does look and sound a beaten man which is a real worry. I'm not sure even Hyypia himself thinks he can turn it around.

His first press conference was not exactly a laugh a minute thrill ride though. Don't think I've noticed a huge difference is his manner since then, it's just his way.
Not fussed by how dull his pre/post match interviews are, it's what happens on the pitch that matters and quite clearly that is pap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here