Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia is TOP of the table

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Let's hope this is the week........... If not then Bloom has lost the plot!

The only trigger would be a loss at home to Millwall who look even more dire than us. So if we win he's safe (temporarily perhaps)?

Classic lose/lose imo

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
The thing is, you would think he would be gone by now if he was getting the sack. Which means bloom must be giving him the millwall game to try and get a result.wich is very scary considering they are as bad as us and were at home.
What if we win a game that should be won. Shirly bloom wont sack him after a win. So in a way i wouldnt mind if we loose as he would then have to be sacked.. then again you would think he would of been sacked weeks ago

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unless Holloway is sacked before then.

Unfortunately even though the odds for Holloway to get sacked arent' nearly as good as Hyypia's, l'm still convinced that Holloway will go first.

Something tells me, and l desperately hope l'm wrong, that this sorry state of affairs will continue into the new year with Hyypia still at the helm. Much longer, and along with Blackpool we will be condemned to League One by about February.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't Coppell say he refused to speak to Bloom because he approached him while Slade was still in the hotseat of doom?

Yes. It was because he (Coppell) was on the committee of the League Managers Association or something - it wouldn't have looked very good.

I'd be amazed if Bloom hadn't already approached potential candidates or tapped up their agents.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Unfortunately even though the odds for Holloway to get sacked arent' nearly as good as Hyypia's, l'm still convinced that Holloway will go first.

Something tells me, and l desperately hope l'm wrong, that this sorry state of affairs will continue into the new year with Hyypia still at the helm. Much longer, and along with Blackpool we will be condemned to League One by about February.

What is the record number of games without winning (or the record lowest ratio of wins to games) a manager has gone without leaving a club? Surely we must be nearing it and will beat it if this carries on?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't believe for one moment that Bloom would start interviewing people while a manager is still in charge. That is morally wrong.

i think it is morally wrong for Hyypia to call himself as a manager when he is clearly no where near a manager .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That'll be another League Table that No Hopia doesn't bother looking at then.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It upsets me to log into NSC and find that Hyypia is still in charge. Oh well, I'm logging out now to check again this evening hopefully things will have changed by then.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I don't believe for one moment that Bloom would start interviewing people while a manager is still in charge. That is morally wrong.

Personally I think the opposite: I don't believe that Bloom would fire Hyypia without having his replacement ready to step straight in.

I'd probably go further - when (or if?) Hyypia is replaced, the announcement by the club will only be to announce the new guy being appointed, as if Hyypia had never happened; him being fired/sacked/relieved of his duties won't even be mentioned - "replaced" sounds much better......

Southy

Jul 7, 2003

Unless Sami had already agreed to stay on and keep schtum until a replacement was in place. If the rumour about him already offering his resignation is true then this is a realistic possibility.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Unless Sami had already agreed to stay on and keep schtum until a replacement was in place. If the rumour about him already offering his resignation is true then this is a realistic possibility.

I just don't think that would work.

Hyppia: "Hey guys until my replacement gets here, lets stick with suicidal wing backs, no bite in midfield and running around a lot up front."
Every single member of the squad: "Go f**k yourself"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here