• FENCE

Votes: 40 10.5%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
hyypia getting loads of abuse on Argus and both Facebook and Twitter

There is no need for anyone to abuse him, those are the sort of comments that are of least value. But as for opinions on his tenure, that's a different matter. I agree that the appointment hasn't worked out.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've tried to hold off , but I'm knocking on the door to join the OUT gang.

The team looks all over the place, no one really looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I've tried to hold off , but I'm knocking on the door to join the OUT gang.

The team looks all over the place, no one really looks like they know what they're supposed to be doing.
This is the problem I think, and it points to a manager who doesn't really know what he's doing. But then, who appointed him and why? He must have at least SOUNDED like he knew a thing or two in the interview process. We again played as if there was no plan, as though the players didn't believe in what the manager is asking them to do.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Duh. He does the team talk in FINNISH. It's down to the team to know what he's on about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was never really that positive about him in the first place, sure he was a top international and club player but he never stood out as management material in my book. However, we should give him some more time I think as otherwise we will end up looking like a laughing stock if we jettison too soon. Please, we don't want to become Leeds,Fulham or Blackburn.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
OUT. He's clueless. Bayern Leverkusan, one of the best teams in Germany, going 10 games without a win says it all. When he came he stated we dont get the ball moving quick enough in the final third, so what has he done? Slowed it down. Players are out of position, Fullbacks as Wingers, Midfielders as fullbacks and Strikers as Midfielders. No wonder it's not working.

Our defence is as bad as it has been for years, after having on of the best defensive records in the league 2 years running. No surprise when we are only having 2 defenders back defending. Almost every time Rotherham looked dangerous on Saturday, I looked to see where Calde and Bennett were. Far up the field was the answer. Even the time where Greer passed it straight to Revell, This is because passing to Dunk was his only option as Calde was beyond the half way line. Revell simply had to stand between them, and hope Greers chipped pass went wrong. No fault of Calde can I point out.

Our strikers are not the best, certainly not in the standard of Ulloa, but I'm sure they are better than the stats are showing. We are not creating anything for them, every chance we have falls to a defender. Putting long balls into the box to a 5'6 striker is never going to come to anything.

The tactics are all wrong, we can all see it, why can't Sami? He's got to go!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Regretfully I've changed my vote from "fence" to "out".

Sorry Sami!

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
I would classify myself as one of the more reasonable people on here and our coach. I try and see matters objectively, with a view to positivity and belief in the good nature of individuals and that bedwetting and negativity gets no one anywhere, especially when, in the main it's hyped over-reaction to a defeat. But, even two days later I still can't beieve a lot of what I saw on Saturday. The last time we were so poor was Derby away and Oscar was (as we later found out) already thinking of leaving. But even Oscar had a plan, a shape, an ideal and he was able to change it mid-game too suit the circumstances.

On Saturday I didn't see that, especially in the second half. I like to think that I am tactically aware and enjoy trying to work out the shape of the opposition and how we cope with it. On Saturday I couldn't work out what we were doing let alone the opponents. I could see what was wrong though.

Starting with Ince. Fan favourite he may be (**** knows why) but his deficiencies contributed to a poor delivery of what I could only assume was a 4-1-2-1-2 system, with (unbelievably) O'Grady in between the lines as no 10.

The reason was that Stockdale had no outball, only once in the entire first half did Ince show for the ball from Stockdale. This play has been a fulcrum of our shape since the early days of the Poyet/Bridcutt axis, and is the mainstay of a possession based game. But we couldn't carry it out as Ince was hiding. So, Stockdale had to go wide or long, which inevitably dragged either Colunga or Baldock wide to help either full back. This then led to massive holes in Sami's overall strategy. To work, Colunga and Baldock have to be narrow.

In the absolutely dire second half, Ince remained on the pitch. I do not understand why, I really thought he would be dragged of at half-time, but no, he was left on and contributed to their goal by dropping off with a huge gap between him and the rest of the team for Rotherham to waltz through. Sami says we didn't keep the ball as well as we should have, but his failure to replace Ince with Holla at half-time after such a shambolic first half (tactically) is his own fault.

Here's the next thing, the players stopped playing in the second half. They stopped putting a shift in for the team and for the manager, and that was really worrying. We were second to the ball and if Rotherham had been anything other than useless, we would have been stuffed out of sight.

The substitutions were so bad, it's laughable. Yes bring Paddy on, but only after you've regained the midfield which was lost. It's no use having an able front three if you haven't got the midfield or quality ball and we didn't have either. Sami pandered to the crowd there, and that is the sign of a weak manager, unsure of what to do. It was obvious and for that reason, and that alone it's sayonara from me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm usually a firm believer in giving a manager at least six months but Saturday's display was so abject, I'm on the fence. He may be able to turn things round but we need a striker who knows where the goal is

I reckon he's got two more games

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Out....and soon, let's get a new coaching team in so that they can assess what is here, then get recruiting in January....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This was from the Independent at the start of the season

Boy what a load of guff.....

feel free to pick holes in what he said.

Brighton and Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia has spoken passionately about his hopes for the Seagulls this season as his new side prepare to take on Sheffield Wednesday in their Championship opener at the AMEX Stadium.

The former Bayer Leverkusen boss took charge of his first fixture on home soil during a 3-1 defeat to Southampton last week but Hyypia is optimistic for the future at his new club.
“I was there on Thursday but the stadium it wasn’t full, so hopefully on Saturday it will be packed and the atmosphere will be great," he told Brighton's official website.
“When the atmosphere is great, the players can give that extra 5%. It’s very important that we give the fans something they can be pleased and happy about.
“Sometimes you need the fans more in the bad moments than the good moments and I hope they will continue to support the team when we are not doing so well.”
The 40-year-old replaces Oscar Garcia at the AMEX and knows all too well that, despite losing £8m striker Leo Ulloa to Leicester City, he will be expected to lead a promotion charge this season.
“We have worked hard for the last six weeks and I am excited to get into the real business. I’ve enjoyed my time here and I come to work with a smile on my face every morning.
“I have a lot of ambition and my ambition is to win every game. I don’t think a lot about where we are in the table and my aim is always just to win the next game.
“I don’t want to set any targets,? that we have to be top six or top two. I want the team to go into every game with a game plan ha ha ha oh how we laugh and we need to try and win each time. Somebody will then count the points together in May to see where we end up.” ?

the signs were there as clear as day, there was and is no plan to motivate the squad

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well, it does seem that only 12% of fans agree with Tony B,..... someone is going to have to come up with a solution,..... near empty stadium after new year if this carries on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here