Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia has to go

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
You don't need Valium to get to sleep at night, just replay Sami Hyypia pre match and post match interviews. So dull and it's like a stuck record.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I've tried to keep the faith but no more. Hyypia doesn't know how to win games, he is tactically redundant and has shown absolutely no ability to shut games down when we are winning. Also, I could forgive him his dispassionate involvement during the game if we were winning but we are sleep walking into L1 and yet he sits there on the bench and leaves corporal jones to try and muster the troops. He has to go, we are doomed if he stays.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the moment has passed for sacking Sami - the five points from three games spell may well have saved him; before that I wouldn't have been surprised to see Bloom pull the trigger (even though that would mean admitting the appointment was a mistake). Now we've got two good loanees in (better than our previous players) and money is promised for spending in January.

OK, so we still have no surety that whoever we buy will be any good............

That will be Bloom giving Sami every chance to pull things round. If with ten games to go we're still in this position in the league, then would be the time for the axe to fall - that would give the new man time to assess the squad (and keep us up), and to prepare the right moves for the summer (manager lead, not recruitment team lead, and business done in time for the start of the season this time).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought we played ok today with the players we have got.

Lua lua's injury disrupted what we had planned for and bringing on Ince completely changed the midfield and we looked, out of sorts by constantly playing backwards. Only when Solly came on did we play faster and wider.

Sami must really decide what sort of tactics he wants to play....certainly again in the start of the second half, we were over ran and it didn't look like we really knew what we were doing! Bent is bloody quick though!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I ****ing hope not!
So do I. I think he should have gone three weeks ago. My post was stating what I think is happening / will happen, not what I want - read the rest of my post, not just the first sentence. Tony Bloom's reluctance to sack Sami is not going to be pushed aside that easily.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If the manager is going to change before next transfer window- it is better to do it sooner rather than later as it'll give the newcomer a chance to work with the squad and draw up a list of targets ... stumbling block is who would BHAFC realistically be able to get: Mowbray? Clark? Rosler? Might be a short term fix, but long term? Not so sure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I actually thought we played ok today with the players we have got.

Considering our starting line up had 7 current or ex Premier league players, 2 ex La Liga players, A regular England U21 player and probably the best young centre half outside of the Premier League we should be doing better than ok, If Hyypia can't get that lot winning he's in the wrong job.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The manager is always going to take the blame for the lack of investment in the summer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here