Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Has Accepted The Brighton Job...

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I do not think Hyypia can be compared to Garcia.
One has had two seasons in a top 4 club in one of Europe's top leagues. Has qualified for and managed in the champions league. Achieved against very strong domestic opponents. Has experience of managing some top names and crucially knows this country well if not the division.

The other had one season in the equivalent of the Scottish league managing Celtic with players unheard of and was probably genuinely surprised to find out it is cold and wet for 8 months of the year here.....

This is a big step forward IMO.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd be pleased, and this is from the viewpoint of a resident of the Dalston area, therefore a Hyypster in strides. I very much like his gnarled, Zelda-ish face.

I know it's pedantic, but i assume you mean Link - Zelda was the princess.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yeah agree with this although playoffs may be elusive this season unless the team is sorted out pretty soon. By my reckoning we need between 8/10 new players assuming Ulloa and Walton leave as well

I remember people panicking last season too when not much had happened at a similar stage. It's a natural fans reaction though to want to be seeing reports of players coming in and squads being built.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that this turns out to be another false rumour as he does not fit the image I have of a man who TB would trust and expect to take us to the Premier, but in TB we must trust?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm guessing Zelda from the Terrahawks

Really? Damn. I was hoping it was a Legend of Zelda reference. I'll hide and be geeky in the corner.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
......knows this country well if not the division.

I would think that living here for 10 years, playing in 450 ish games, quite a few no doubt against lower league teams in cups and friendlies,... gives him a decent grounding.

I do not think Hyypia can be compared to Garcia.
One has had two seasons in a top 4 club in one of Europe's top leagues. Has qualified for and managed in the champions league. Achieved against very strong domestic opponents. Has experience of managing some top names and crucially knows this country well if not the division.

The other had one season in the equivalent of the Scottish league managing Celtic with players unheard of and was probably genuinely surprised to find out it is cold and wet for 8 months of the year here.....

This is a big step forward IMO.

Yes, there in no way he is "learning his trade" - he's already a top manager and I'd back him to show it by building a stronger team and getting us back in the play-offs.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Joint sixth favourites at 14/1 for the title right now.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
Songs? Lalalalalalalalalal Sami Hyy-pia Hyy-pi-a Saaamiiii Hyyy-pppii-aa! Lalalalalalalalal! Repeat

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Has it been announced OFFICIALLY yet ?

Yes, there was a lunchtime press conference at The Cliftonville after the had got rid of the breakfast dossers

L

litmanen

As a finnish Brighton fan im really happy. I guess Sami is the first finn in the club. I just hope that Sami sees the potential in Solly March and lets him play a lot or im gonna have a problem with the number one finnish coach :wink:

Suddenly people on the finnish football forum are very interested of Brighton.:bhasign:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here