Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Has Accepted The Brighton Job...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
...according to a writer for the Independent, then retweeted by NSC:

ian herbert ‏@ianherbs 10m
Sami Hypia heading back to England. He's accepted the #Brighton manager job and is now looking for an assistant to work with him there #lfc

Herbie ghosts Rafael Benitez's occasional column for the Indy so I'm assuming that's where the news came from.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sami Hyypiä: has he got a coaching badge?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
BBC South East Sport ‏@BBCSESport 2 mins
"No comment" is the official line from Brighton & Hove Albion regarding increasing speculation about Sami Hyypia.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
[pedant alert]Although it appears on live albums, The Beatles didn't record this. The UK band that had a hit with it was The Swinging Blue Jeans - it was my favourite record when I was 7. It was actually written by and originally recorded by one Chan Romero (I had to look that up)

And, yes, I have got a life [/pedant alert]

Hyypia is a good choice (although I'd have preferred Hantz). I'm not celebrating until I see him holding the shirt - or scarf as an acceptable substitute

I'm not celebrating until we win promotion.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A Liverpool colleague of mine sent this to me just now: ( shame he isnt playing anymore)

Sami Hyypia
To the tune of The Addams Family

In our defensive foursome
He's absolutely awesome
From corners he will score some
It's Sami Hyypia!

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Is now mentioned on my sky sports news app, under sky sports today. Sky bet have now suspended betting on the next Brighton manager
e4avure2.jpg

Last edited:

Let's hope he gets a total free hand of backroom staff, I'm not a Jonah hater but Sami must get the guys he's totally comfortable with

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
BBC South East Sport have now tweeted 'At this stage we understand nobody has been offered the manager/head coach job at Brighton. Could all change of course'

Bit late for April Fools from that Independent journo if this is the case... Sacked in the morning!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here