Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetically...

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
If one wanted to discreetely gain access to the pitch at Withdean over the summer, how would be the best way to do it. ;)

Which way in is the easiest? And in the event of the police being summoned, what offence could the intruder be charged with?

I call on the wannabe deviants / knowledgeable types of NSC for help on this one.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well the gates by the entrance to the South Stand are usually unlocked. Being a council-owned athletics track and everything. What did you have in mind? ???

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Well the gates by the entrance to the South Stand are usually unlocked. Being a council-owned athletics track and everything. What did you have in mind? ???

Best not to ask too many questions...!!!
When I checked the South Stand gates, they were locked. I did notice that the lights were on in all the toilets. Surely the council doesn't have money to waste on lighting loos that no-one is using?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cue Withdean getting broken into and the police using this thread as reason for arrest.......I've already e-mailed them by the way :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Best not to ask too many questions...!!!
When I checked the South Stand gates, they were locked. I did notice that the lights were on in all the toilets. Surely the council doesn't have money to waste on lighting loos that no-one is using?

There's junior athletes using it most days, least there are whenever I go up the gym there. Jog on!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Cue Withdean getting broken into and the police using this thread as reason for arrest.......I've already e-mailed them by the way :thumbsup:

It's not really "breaking in" as such. And I'm pretty sure there's nothing worth stealing from there. I also think I would make the worst burglar on the planet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
And there are a few police officers that use this! Though I think the only offence that you'll end up with is Trespass which is a civil matter and the police wont get involved. Unless you cause damage or steal anything obviously.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
What would be the point? - to be honest Withdeans not the most salubrious place to have sex on the pitch! Not like say Wembley!!

1066gull

if withdean ever got broken in to the next coming weeks, you'd be the first to be questioned!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I think I might have to take a ladder with me. And I promise not to steal / break anything. Unfortunately, I don't think I could successfully disguise myself as a junior athlete and sneak in that way. I noticed that the away end has less CCTV, so that might be a possibility.
I may report back when my secret mission has been accomplished.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I think I might have to take a ladder with me. And I promise not to steal / break anything. Unfortunately, I don't think I could successfully disguise myself as a junior athlete and sneak in that way. I noticed that the away end has less CCTV, so that might be a possibility.
I may report back when my secret mission has been accomplished.

Are you for real? I sincerely hope you've been drinking today or have a bad case of sun stroke or something which is altering your thinking...

PS - If you haven't already realized it - ITS A BAD IDEA! Especially the bit where you've posted it on here....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If you were. arguendo to have sex on the pitch, you'd probably still be there, and at it hammer and tongs, as dawn broke, due to the classic Brighton curse -- decent first touch, lousy finishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here