Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypothetical question. Would you rather Oscar had stayed or are you happier with Sami?

Who would you prefer in charge, Oscar or Sami?

• Oscar

Votes: 87 71.9%
  • Sami

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • F off stupid poll

Votes: 27 22.3%

• Total voters

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Another Poll with 95% refusing to vote For Sami. Someone said here the other day that these polls were not representative of general supporter opinion. How many, how often and how sizeable does the majority need to be for someone to realise that he has lost the dressing room (for dressing room..read stadium).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does this assume that Oscar would not have had heart trouble if he stayed here?

May have got Upson to stay if Oscar hadn't quit. He ran the team and the dressing room apparently so it would have been OK :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think the problem runs deeper than whoever is manager. Did we reach the play offs last season because NJ is No 2 or despite NJ being No 2? Could we have done better? Would we be doing better with Sammy Lee on board? Who knows? It's all hypothetical. If Sami goes then we should appoint someone who is able to bring in his own No 2.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I preferred the 1 - 0 wins under Oscar but neither compare to the time under Gus. Just hope and pray that Sami gets it right and can stop us conceding so many goals. When this happens wins will come, we will climb the table and everybody will be happy.

It would have made no difference, both look to me managers who have little influence on how much we spend on the squad and how we spend it - need a stronger personality like Gus who will go and there and bang the table - and if any mistakes are made, at least they will be his mistakes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The question arises as to how Oscar would have fared with the present squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not a stupid poll, but basically neither of them.

One allegedly did very little, but still managed to make the play-off's mainly by boring teams into submission.........

One is just hopeless.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The question also arises as to how any manager could succeed when working for a club being run as our beloved Albion is now.

Sadly the football does seem to be a sideshow these days.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If Oscar had been given the chance pre-season to bring in his players we would not be struggling now ... instead we waste the transfer budget on hapless players and recruit a manager to match

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I ticked the third option - as long as we have the same arrangements at the top for recruiting and supporting the manager he doesn't matter who is in the job. This is not saying that Sami shouldn't go but when he does we will be on the brink of appointing a fourth victim of the current arrangements. Undoubtedly people will STILL come on here saying that the reason for our continuing decline is (insert name of current person).

And by supporting I don't just mean signing everyone he wants.

This, this in buckets. More profound changes seem to be needed.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't think we'd have done any better had Oscar stayed but he'd probably have been sacked by now, and we might be better off for that. Or we might have got Hyypia in when we were already struggling. :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Impossible to say - but preferred last season's results.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's a bit ironic that as a game of football to watch, this season has sort of been an improvement. More goals (albethey in the wrong net) and the match played slightly further up the pitch with a bit more excitement. However, the result of this has been an open defence and another lack of a plan B.
Whilst I was pleased to see the back of the terribly negative approach of OG, in hindsight I would rather that than one of our traditional fights against relegation which, although I don't have the records to hand, I don't think we are very good at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here