Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hypothetical question as it will never happen but

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
First instinct would be a 'no chance' because I hate his attitude etc.

However, when actually thinking about it, the blue and white tinted specs are funny old things. He is a cracking player and actually seems like a pretty decent bloke. He is just so perfect for the pantomime villain role and it's hard to move past that sometimes.

I look at Maupay and think it must be similar for them (in terms of personality, not skill level etc.) he is a pain in the arse, getting in peoples faces, subtle and not so subtle knocks on the oppo but we love him because he is ours. I am not surprised that a fair few opposition fans think he is a bell cheese of the highest order

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That would be the 'No Dickheads' policy ripped to shreds if that happened.

You see for me [MENTION=41089]Diesel[/MENTION], this is this interesting thing. Whilst everything tells me he would blow the No Dickheads policy out of the water, I'm not so sure he is a bone fide dickhead? I think that maybe he is just our pantomine villian so we cast him in this role? I know the stupid trainers and ridiculous cars don't count in his favour but he's a PL footballer so it's kind of expected. But I see some of the other stuff he does away from football with his Foundations and stuff and I can't help but think he's probably ok?

Sorry everyone, I think I'm not feeling very well today.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Doesn't do enough defensively, prone to drifting out of games and these are just his better traits.

Worth buying just so he doesn't have his one good game a season against us and seeing the black hoodies reaction.

While not in the same class, very similar to Ozil and Sanchez, overpaid and under performs,

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As others have said, his main issue is his attitude. I honestly think with a decent sport psychologist he could be an exceptionally good player. Someone needs to teach him how to turn the frustration he experiences into passion and drive, use the energy to redouble his efforts.

If we could have that player then I'd take him in a heart beat. As he is, I'm not sure he'd be an improvement over what we already have available over a season as a whole. He may have better games than some of our players, but I don't think that extends over an entire season as things stand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He played 2 Premier League games for Man United. That is not evidence of him being a meh player at a top six club. He was also signed by a different manager to the one that was his first manager at the club. Moyes clearly didn't like him.

so couldnt get in the team, then next manager didnt like or use him. not a ringing endorsement is it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, but only play him twice a season, against them, so he can perform another of his trademark tumbling tricks to win a penalty, in the 94th minute, to give us a win.

would be rather concerned about conceding a penalty in those fixtures.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just like Percy Tau never playing for the Albion. I see he's just gone on loan to Anderlecht for the season. At this rate by the time he qualifies for a work permit he'll have retired.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sign him on a £75k per goal contract. Meaning he WANTS to score two every week

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He's had a probably his worst season in a Palace shirt this year in comparison to previous years only getting 4 goals and 3 assists.

Comparing him to similar players from the top eight (to include Arsenal and Wolves):

Nicolas Pepe 5/6
Lucas Moura 4/4
Demarai Gray 2/3
James Madison 6/3
Mason Mount 7/5
Daniel James 3/6
Diogo Jota 7/1

He plays in a considerably worse team than the above and still has comparable stats. There are plenty of reasons to ridicule the cry baby, but his skill isn't one. For a myriad of obvious reasons, I cannot wait to see the back of him.

Its a game of opinions... There is a reason he is not playing for a top 6 side and a reason he flopped at one! Don't believe the hype

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Such a tough call.
He's clearly got the talent but he's just such a knob that I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Plus his price tag is massively ott.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Such a tough call.
He's clearly got the talent but he's just such a knob that I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club. Plus his price tag is massively ott.

I agree, he has talent. I really agree he is a total knob. If we signed him, we might as well go for sockboy and todd six fingers as well....oh and van ******** is shanes new best mate.
I just can't do hypothesis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here