Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hypnosis to give up smoking

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Pasty

I smoked for 32 years.

Gave up through Hypnosis just over a year ago now.

Lady was in Hove, £175 for 2 sessions 1st one week the 2nd the following week.

When I left after the 1st session I didnt smoke ever again.

I now feel as though I have never smoked. Beign around smoke does not bother me at all.

My main point is though you really have to want to give up. I was ready and I have.

I will NEVER smoke again

I seriously want/need to give up smoking, but I am completely and utterly crap, failing at every attempt. I've started to think about trying hypnosis - has anyone tried it and found it worked?

Also any recommendations for someone in Brighton that does it? I've seen a few on t'interent but know sod all about it so don't know how to tell if anyone is genuine or any good :shrug:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Allen Carrs easyway. Download the book and kiss the tabs goodbye. It worked for me and all of my mates.

The Alan Carr people used to do 1/2 day sessions on quitting including some hypnotherapy. I went and just stopped without any cold turkey. It really was easy. I started smoking again 2 years later but that's another story. Don't know if they still run the sessions but well worthwhile it if they do.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just checked - the Allan Carr organisation Stop Smoking sessions are still running - check out their web site.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Pasty

I smoked for 32 years.

Gave up through Hypnosis just over a year ago now.

Lady was in Hove, £175 for 2 sessions 1st one week the 2nd the following week.

When I left after the 1st session I didnt smoke ever again.

I now feel as though I have never smoked. Beign around smoke does not bother me at all.

My main point is though you really have to want to give up. I was ready and I have.

I will NEVER smoke again

Agree with you, you have to really want to give up.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Smoked 20 a day, had hypnotherapy 8 years ago and not smoked again since or felt like it. The key to it is that you will only succeed if you really want to like most things in life!

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Agree with you, you have to really want to give up.

Not so sure about that. I went to Alan Carr in Raynes Park out of curiosity as much as anything and emerged four hours later as if my brain had been wiped clean of fags and reprogrammed. Went from 20 to 30 a day to nil without feeling a thing. Went to the pub that night, had four pints and never once felt the need for a puff. Definitely one of the most surprising things that's ever happened to me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dont want to put you off trying it , but for me it was a complete waste of money , the 1st thing i wanted after the session was a smoke . Saying that the person who i went with has not smoked since , so i guess its all really a personal state of mind .

very much this.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I seriously want/need to give up smoking, but I am completely and utterly crap, failing at every attempt. I've started to think about trying hypnosis - has anyone tried it and found it worked?

Also any recommendations for someone in Brighton that does it? I've seen a few on t'interent but know sod all about it so don't know how to tell if anyone is genuine or any good :shrug:

E cigs. Worked for me. 9 months now. Not remotely bothered about smoking normal cigs anymore

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Anyone tried this? http://www.iqslondon.com/.

Auricular therapy - small electric pulses on the acupuncture points of your ear - releases dopamine which should stop the cravings. The therapists also give you counselling on your triggers for smoking and how to avoid them - is usually a 6 month program with up to 4 treatments. Looks interesting.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
End of the day you have to really want to give up smoking, it is a mental battle more than anything else.
1. Pick a date about two or three weeks in the future and give up from that point.
2. In the intervening period start cutting down. Cut out all those smoked at regular points of the day, e.g when you get up, tea break at work, etc. Also see how long you can get by without one from the beginning of the day.
3. By the time your starting date is reached you should be down to a few a day and your body will start getting used to you not smoking at regular points during the day. Much easier than a straight stop.
4. Buy lots of fruit and eat when craving.

Cost = nothing except the fruit.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Had hypnotherapy, it worked, I stopped for six months. However I didn't know WHY I had stopped, had one at a party and was back on them a few weeks later. Then read the Allen Carr book, that helped me understand, and I haven't had a cig in 3 years. That was from an ending point of 50 a day.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not so sure about that. I went to Alan Carr in Raynes Park out of curiosity as much as anything and emerged four hours later as if my brain had been wiped clean of fags and reprogrammed. Went from 20 to 30 a day to nil without feeling a thing. Went to the pub that night, had four pints and never once felt the need for a puff. Definitely one of the most surprising things that's ever happened to me.

Very much this, exactly my experience - it was weird but highly effective.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Good for you, but most do need to want to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here