Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Humble Pie

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'll volunteer [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] for comments made before Leicester game.
And [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] for demanding Leo be taken off at half time today.
The rest are mainly trolls whose opinions are worthless.

Hehe, bet I wasn't the only one who wanted that. Don't like humble pie though, so there!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Often the truth is. Nothing achieved, lets hope the players understand that. Success is promotion. Failure is no promotion. Simples.

TB wanted us to make the play offs this season as a minimum, so in that case it is mission accomplished/achieved.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Where's kevtherev?

Even more tears as Poyet's Sunderland win away at Old Trafford almost securing their Premier League place next season. Gus's boring tactics have taken Sunderland from the bottom of the league to pretty much safe with two games left to play.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have to admit,I didn't think we would make the play-offs a few weeks back.
Nor did I think Sunderlland would stay up and they are all but safe.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Pack in the insults. If you have a point that counters mine, then make it, if not then maybe think I might have a point.

If you post malconted nonsense mate expect to be sniped at. As already posted by others, and all things considered, most (you excepted) will I'm sure think the club have achieved more than was expected of them. Some credit where it's due.
You don't need to win anything, just to achieve.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Even more tears as Poyet's Sunderland win away at Old Trafford almost securing their Premier League place next season. Gus's boring tactics have taken Sunderland from the bottom of the league to pretty much safe with two games left to play.

Yep, I am glad he has had stressful season so I don't begrudge him survivng by the skin of his teeth. He is the longest serving manager so survival is justified.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
When players play in front of big crowds then they have to earn the right to do so and live with expectation - not my words, but those of the BBC. This applies to the Brighton players. Like it or not that's how it is. They have achieved nothing yet.

They finished 6th. That is pretty good! Better than 18 other clubs.When you look at our history, we have spent most of it in what is now league 1 or 2. so to be in the top 6 of this division and have so many quality players in the squad is an achievement. Loving it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When players play in front of big crowds then they have to earn the right to do so and live with expectation - not my words, but those of the BBC. This applies to the Brighton players. Like it or not that's how it is. They have achieved nothing yet.

Actually, it was the words of a pundit working FOR the BBC, which is entirely different. I'm wondering when you'll ever be happy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A small slice for me please.

Achieved what I hoped for, but the football is dull.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How the worm has turned. I thought we played pretty well.

I have seen us play much better and lose, so not really. I expected Reading to win and I really did think we'd lose today. Impressed with the character the team showed at the end and I loved seeing Oscar leaping around in joy.

Feb 14, 2010
Actually, it was the words of a pundit working FOR the BBC, which is entirely different. I'm wondering when you'll ever be happy.

When Brighton have a team that matches or perhaps just for once we "do a palace" and get a team that is better than the size of our support, when we are top half of the top flight and when we have won a trophy to match Charlie Webb's heroes of 1910. Its been far too long to wait for a club with this size of support despite season after season of failure, decline, losing a ground and before that lower league football with no ambition. I will be happy when Brighton turn into a ruthless hungry side after success and trophies. Ambition, hunger and a hatred of failure, that is what I want to see at this club both on and off the pitch there should be ambition to win and get to this clubs full potential.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When Brighton have a team that matches or perhaps just for once we "do a palace" and get a team that is better than the size of our support, when we are top half of the top flight and when we have won a trophy to match Charlie Webb's heroes of 1910. Its been far too long to wait for a club with this size of support despite season after season of failure, decline, losing a ground and before that lower league football with no ambition. I will be happy when Brighton turn into a ruthless hungry side after success and trophies. Ambition, hunger and a hatred of failure, that is what I want to see at this club both on and off the pitch there should be ambition to win and get to this clubs full potential.

Well said. Far too many apologists in our fan base. Onwards and upwards.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Have to disagree. We were not at our best and gave the ball away far too much.

But you have to make allowances for the circumstances, the pressure on us, the lack of pressure on the opposition, the quality of the opposition - and it was a game that we would all be more than a happy to get a point from at any other time of year. Our commitment was first rate, we kept our shape and composure pretty well overall, and playing a more direct, attacking style, no we didn't have the possession we normally have - but it was the most exciting game I've seen in a long while.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I need a slice but we have still not achieved anything.
Nothing achieved, lets hope the players understand that. Success is promotion. Failure is no promotion. Simples.
That's just wrong. A new manager who is new to English football and a stack of injuries has meant that finishing top 6 is a decent season for us. Finishing 6th and losing in the playoffs is not the same as finishing mid-table (or lower). We've enjoyed the results that get you to 6th, and that counts for something. If you felt that success and failure were so specifically defined, you'd struggle to ever enjoy supporting a small club like ours (compared to the likes of Man U etc).

When players play in front of big crowds then they have to earn the right to do so and live with expectation - not my words, but those of the BBC.
Well if it makes you feel better, it's the BBC that's wrong, not you. We have to pay players money to play for us. If their best isn't good enough, that's life. Their best doesn't get better just because there's a lot of us in the stands.

SCFC_Lurker

Feb 20, 2011
Stoke-on-Trent
Hello! Not been about much recently. New job means that I don't get much time to myself nowadays!

Congratulations on a play-off spot guys. Just hope that you can do the business now so that I can watch my team at the Amex next season (Still not been there!)

I really have fallen in love with you lot since we met in our FA cup final season when you were in league 1, so to meet in a league game in the premier league would be magic! I'll be watching with interest once I have stopped laughing at Fulham! lol

And even if you don't make it this year, I think its only a matter of time before you get up. We managed it, and we're rubbish!

All the Best Brighton, From a Stokie!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Won nothing? Here's a different view. We have won a place in the playoffs. We have won at Forest. We have won for only the second time after coming from behind this season. We have won a financial bounty from an extra full house match at the Amex and the riches from at least two more matches live on Sky. We have won an extension to our season by at least a week. We have won the opportunity to play for a place in the Premier League and, of course, we won the delicious joy of celebration, from a late winner, stuffing Reading, stuffing smugface Adkins, and five days of anticipating the next leg of this thrilling end to the season. We won the chance to dream. I
think we won an awful lot yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here