Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Human Traffic

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The best film ever made is on tonight, BBC2 1.20am.

Pity it's on so late but worth recording if you've never seen it before. Starring John Simm and Danny Dyer it's about a group of mates that have an amazing weekend, clubbing and partying with some brilliant humour thrown in and wicked choons in Cardiff.

"Cushty! I knew you wouldn't let me down, i knew it!" :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The best film ever made is on tonight, BBC2 1.20am.

Pity it's on so late but worth recording if you've never seen it before. Starring John Simm and Danny Dyer it's about a group of mates that have an amazing weekend, clubbing and partying with some brilliant humour thrown in and wicked choons in Cardiff.

"Cushty! I knew you wouldn't let me down, i knew it!" :clap2:

That'll be the cheapo Welsh cash-in on the shirt tails of Trainspotting then. Cardiff FFS :rolleyes:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Awful, awful film and the main actor is dreadful. I do love a good Brit flick but (imho) Human Traffic is a diabolical piece of work.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
i watched it the for the 1st time the otherday.. it's rubbish? the only highlight being Danny Dyer on the toilet on the phone to the other lad. (only funny part in the whole boring film)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And I was a Cardiff Uni student during the time depicted in that film and it doesn't remind me of any of my clubbing experiences in the Principality I have to say.... not that I can remember too many of them.

:)

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
I'd rather watch Mama Mia again than that pile of horseshit.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3399437 said:
No way, John Simm is the man!

I'm with you Durlo, HT is a great film.

He's wank Danny. Not only is he the worst thing in HT but he also manages to be the only bad thing in that great American film from about ten years ago about Las Vegas/clubbing/drugs - one word title that escapes me. (This memory isnae what it was - clubbing kids, don't do it)

He's wank Danny. Not only is he the worst thing in HT but he also manages to be the only bad thing in that great American film from about ten years ago about Las Vegas/clubbing/drugs - one word title that escapes me. (This memory isnae what it was - clubbing kids, don't do it)

Don't know that one but he was supoib in Life on Mars and made a good Dr Who baddie.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I thought it was shit when I watched it!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Go. Good movie.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In my youth I loved this film because of some of the similarities with going clubbing and ending up at house parties, doing drugs etc. HOWEVER it's a very flimsy pretence when you look at it. A bunch of mates go clubbing, two of them fall in love and it all ends sickeningly cutesy. Nothing really happens otherwise.

Little bits of the dialogue are fun and I think Dyer's character (Moff?) is amusing but essentially this film just cashed in on thousands of drug addled clubbers who "identified" with it, simply because the taboo subject of getting pilled up at nightclubs didn't get as much attention then as it does these days.

I know because I was one.

I owned it on VHS back in the day but have never bothered to get a DVD copy as I've kind of outgrown it really

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Go. Good movie.

John Simm isn't in Go.

And that's another film that doesn't actually have as much going on in it when you watch it now than it seemed to the first time of viewing. At the end of it everyone acts as if that really was some way out weekend they've just experienced when in fact all that's happened is some mates tried to sell some drugs, went clubbing and pissed off a dealer. I think when I was a kid it seemed great but having gotten a bit older it all seems rather tame compared to reality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here