Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it will be very near to a sell out irrespective of price as most genuine long standing supporters will wa nt to see us pit our wits against a Premier side to see how we shape up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I normally have to work Saturday afternoon but will probably have to swap with Friday night (Valentine's) .................. PIE, PINT & 'the magic of the cup' ......... lovely :)

You'll swap, then the game will be moved to 7.45 Friday, for ITV...

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
probably the ****tist experience for away fans - no parking near the ground as we have to use park and ride - no pubs near the ground - stewards are heavy handed and home fans do surveys on what the away fans sing at them - and then you ask us what we think - ****

Nice fella !!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
And a big welcome to "Paul McShane" :bowdown:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Tough, but very much winnable. Expect £15 tickets too as the club will want a big crowd.

Cant see it being on TV, Chelsea/City, Arsenal/Liverpool, Gus Poyet/Southampton, Everton/Swansea and Cardiff/Wigan all more attractive ties than ours.

Lets be honest, if Hull vs Southend wasnt on TV, then they arent going to pick the game when they play against a Championship team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We have a superb home record against them. Long may it continue.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Still not entirely convinced it won't squeeze on to the TV companies' radar.

The games that get on TV are:

-all Premier League ties
-a team at home to another from a higher division.

Goes without saying that the City/Chelsea and Arsenal/bindippers games are nailed on to be televised.

Of what remains, Poyet FC are current media favourites due to their League Cup exploits and shy & retiring manager, pair them with an attractive footballing team in Southampton, and that's another tick for the TV companies' boxes. Everton are increasingly attractive to watch this season, so they may well get the call for their match against Swansea.

That's four games, which leaves (for the fifth) Sheffield United or Fulham v Forest or PKE (no chance), Cardiff v Wigan, can't see that one getting on either as the lower placed team are away, two mediocre Championship teams against each other (no chance) and us.

I suspect the TV executives, with their well known fondness for the Amex, might just prefer to come here than Cardiff. The only appeal of that tie is that Wigan are the existing holders of the cup. So it might just end up being us, despite the fact that nobody, ever, wants to watch Hull. And that being the case, we'll probably end up with the short straw in terms of kick off times.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Pleased with this draw, winnable and at home. Two of the top sides going out this round will open up the Cup massively.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Two big Prem clashes so at least two of the top sides out !
Only be good for football

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

.................................. And that being the case, we'll probably end up with the short straw in terms of kick off times.

.....and what time is the short straw?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

The games that get on TV are:

-all Premier League ties
-a team at home to another from a higher division.

Goes without saying that the City/Chelsea and Arsenal/bindippers games are nailed on to be televised.

Of what remains, Poyet FC are current media favourites due to their League Cup exploits and shy & retiring manager, pair them with an attractive footballing team in Southampton, and that's another tick for the TV companies' boxes. Everton are increasingly attractive to watch this season, so they may well get the call for their match against Swansea.

That's four games, which leaves (for the fifth) Sheffield United or Fulham v Forest or PKE (no chance), Cardiff v Wigan, can't see that one getting on either as the lower placed team are away, two mediocre Championship teams against each other (no chance) and us.

I suspect the TV executives, with their well known fondness for the Amex, might just prefer to come here than Cardiff. The only appeal of that tie is that Wigan are the existing holders of the cup. So it might just end up being us, despite the fact that nobody, ever, wants to watch Hull. And that being the case, we'll probably end up with the short straw in terms of kick off times.

I see there is someone else in the "I want a Saturday 3PM KO" club.....We only played Hull last season as well remember, and our games against them in recent times havent exactly been crackers - either 1-0 wins or goalless draws.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am sure Oscar will continue to play the likes of March, JFC, Brez and others in the Cup.

I don't think so. This is a very real chance to get into the last 8 of the FA Cup and then with a bit of luck in the draw, Wembley beckons. I think Mr Chairman and Mr Barber will be looking at the financial windfall of a possible semi final, in front of 85,000+ at Wembley and what that would do for the clubs coffers. This is not a game to give the fridge players a run out and I would have thought Oscar would be advised accordingly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we are on TV it will be either Friday night or Saturday late I suspect given the two top Premiership ties have European games the following mid-week plus there is zero chance of Sunday if the Brighton half-marathon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here