Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull owner says: Critics 'can die as soon as they want'

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Football has to retain SOME connection with the fans shirley? If you take away the local/national players, the name, the colours, the lifeblood connection to the town, then you end up with some irrelevant lump of nice-looking concrete on the outer edge of the BN postcode area, a bit like the marina. You cut the umbilical cord to the people who care about the club at your peril. Cos then you're reliant on the passing JCLs and then you might as well forget it unless you can offer proper parking and guaranteed success. As for the proper fans who want to watch real football in the heart of a community? Well, Lewes FC is at least as accessible as BHAFC, comes with standing as standard and has a WAY superior choice of drinking options...

You put it so much better than me

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What would everyone think if we re-branded to the be called the Brighton Seagulls ?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What would everyone think if we re-branded to the be called the Brighton Seagulls ?

I'd think the club was being taken over by Caroline Lucas.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps we should be called "Brighton & Hove Actually"? We could still use our current acronym; everyone's a winner. :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I am sure if we got into the prem and needed some more money to buy players...tb gets a mate in with loads of dosh who said " I'll invest but I want brighton to be called the brighton blue bandits" , then would people really moan if it meant we could afford the likes of Suarez and such like?
I certainly would, yes, as the renaming wouldn't serve any positive purpose.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
in response to 'City till I die' banner

Not saying it's right but context people

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"I'm a simple man," added Allam.

Clearly :wanker:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
in response to 'City till I die' banner

Not saying it's right but context people

Without him pumping money into the club they would have gone into administration.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The reason the protests are half hearted is because he saved them from going under and has also done a lot for the city itself over the years so a lot of the fans are shitting it that he will do one and leave them in the lurch if they upset him too much.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
If you are a fan of modern football (ie support any team in the current professional set-up, especially in the top two divisions) you run the risk of having to confront this very situation. From then on, for those of us who loathe everything that modern football represents, it's a question of whether your love for your club, the one you have supported all your life, is greater than your loathing of what modern football has become. And, following on from that, for how long you battle to keep your club your club, or walk away from something you have loved all your life 'cos it's in your heart, a part of your culture and who you are, and realign yourself with another club which represents an alternative to modern football. We are lucky: I would say that we deserve to be, given our history, but the wonderful position in which we find ourselves it is still the whim of one individual.......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you are a fan of modern football (ie support any team in the current professional set-up, especially in the top two divisions) you run the risk of having to confront this very situation. From then on, for those of us who loathe everything that modern football represents, it's a question of whether your love for your club, the one you have supported all your life, is greater than your loathing of what modern football has become. And, following on from that, for how long you battle to keep your club your club, or walk away from something you have loved all your life 'cos it's in your heart, a part of your culture and who you are, and realign yourself with another club which represents an alternative to modern football. We are lucky: I would say that we deserve to be, given our history, but the wonderful position in which we find ourselves it is still the whim of one individual.......

Exactly. There is a lot of hand wringing when this sort of thing happens, but that is modern football. And fans have supped with the devil and some are now reaping the "rewards" We are extremely lucky that we found a financial bailout man who happened to be a fan!

Dandyman

In London village.
More proof that the FA is totally unfit to be a custodian of the game.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Funeral service companies will be all over Hull tigers sponsorship deals for next season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
1452408_625817287474390_1107767102_n.jpg

The Hull owner has really upset this lady, he better watch out!!:angry:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The reason the protests are half hearted is because he saved them from going under and has also done a lot for the city itself over the years so a lot of the fans are shitting it that he will do one and leave them in the lurch if they upset him too much.

I thought that getting to the Prem, having a couple of years there, getting parachute payments then getting promoted again was the way to go?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can see the way this is going. I think the leap with Cardiff was greater than the Hull owner is proposing, and if he pumps in more cash in January he'll get his way.

However, some clubs have shit nicknames, so what will they do in the future? When Chelsea play Birmingham it'll be The Blues vs. er, The Blues. Liverpool are also struggling there, as are Everton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here