Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull don't deserve it

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hull deserve to go up because they got the most points. It doesn't matter what sort of football you play or what your goal difference is if you have less points. Having said that, they and whoever goes up from the play offs will be strong favourites to come straight back down.

Yes, if we had won a couple more games we might have gone up but all teams can say that. I'm sure Cardiff, Hull and Watford all have games where they should have got something (Cardiff and Watford will certainly feel they should have drawn, or even won, at home to us). At the end of the season, we have done really well to come fourth and we should be pleased with that rather than saying Hull don't deserve promotion and we should have done better.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Who cares if Hull deserve it or not? They've got themselves into the Prem fair and square.
All i'm concerned about is not capitulating against the Nigels next Friday. Get back to the Amex with a draw and concentrate on kicking their arse on Monday

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hull are a very average team, shocked that they went up. They'll probably put up a decent fight in the Prem though.

I bet Leicester end up winning the play-ofs :tosser:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can't argue with their points total, but at plenty of times over the course of this season, I've found myself wondering how on earth they were up there. They looked mediocre both times we played them, but I'm aware that could have just been a fluke. So I've watched them on TV games- they still looked dull and completely average.

They have no genuine goalscorers, no true flair players, and nobody ever says "You know what? Hull are a really entertaining side to watch". It's amazing.

Of course that's probably going to sound like some sort of bitterness, but it's not meant to be. I just think they're arguably the least impressive side ever to be promoted automatically from the Championship. Certainties for relegation unless they miraculously find a couple of strikers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here