Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Ok will take that still unbeaten, when we get our best 11 starting ( inc loans) we will be very tasty, hopefully this saturday now that the loans are settled in, and the bench will still be strong, can really see us sneaking into the playoffs with the squad we now have.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got to happy with a 0-0. Would not have been without Brezovan. Their keeper made a couple of saves as well.

This gives a better impression of the new players and the match in general compared to Radio Sussex: Twitter

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I'm well alright with tonights score. A clean sheet to restore confidence, the magic 50 points and another correct prediction for me. Happy days!

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Decent result against a good team, 2 entertaining 0-0s between Brighton and Hull this season by all accounts.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On a side note, the comment coming from my left 8 minutes ago:
"What's more important, the football or me?"
"Please don't ask me that"
Did you give her the :rolleyes: face ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still think we lack tht goal scorer...personally if we remain in contention for a play off place till end of season I'll b happy even if we r not successful ...som cracking games against the likes of Cardiff/Middlesbrough/Reading and Birmingham still to com at the Amex

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll take that away from home.

Would have been easy to roll over after Liverpool, but another point keeps us in touch with the play offs:)

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Point away, win at home - you can't complain about that. Also much more important to make the Amex a formidable place
to go to. It's all about Ipswich

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
tough next game with Ipswich - so pleased for the lads that they can go into it with a positive attitude after a good point tonight and a stunning turnaround from sunday = lots to play for still

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Wife asked me why it had taken nearly 2hrs to get her glass of wine! F***ing obvious I thought but 'poor soul' was born in Croydon! I need not say any more, but the shame that it has bought on my family!!!! we don't go out anymore!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
About as well as we've played all season that (Hull)

It did not sound all that exciting to me on the radio. But the Hull City fans seem to think they played well and it was an attractive game to watch:

Earlier, he saw a shot cleared off the line and was denied in a one-on-one by the Seagulls' impressive goalkeeper Peter Brezovan.

Hull City have kept six consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time since 1908.

Hull City 0 Brighton 0 | This is Hull and East Riding

I thought it was not so good because I could hear the Albion losing. But even in a promotion season, these sort of games are very tricky. But Hull had looked good on the TV after Pearson left.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently McLean made a difference for them when he came on and could have won it for them. Also commentary said Reyes was troubled by Cameron Stewart (sp?) continually during the first half but improved slightly in the 2nd. He apparently allowed him too much and time to get the ball on his stronger foot and cut inside from the left rather than Reyes force him out wide.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bridders first half had a mare tho he did clear off the line erly in the game. Much better 2nd half. Just got back. Nite. X

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I want to see Macca running down the channels with the ball

Apparently McLean made a difference for them when he came on and could have won it for them. Also commentary said Reyes was troubled by Cameron Stewart (sp?) continually during the first half but improved slightly in the 2nd. He apparently allowed him too much and time to get the ball on his stronger foot and cut inside from the left rather than Reyes force him out wide.

I heard the same. But McClean did come on when Razak went off. When Razak went off we seemed to lose it. It seemed an experimental side and formation by Gus Poyet to me. Fair decision.

Cameron Steward just sounded like a useful player. However, Reyes might not be close to Greer/El Abd and when he cut to go inside a gap might have appeared. Not able to see this on the radio. It is OK to shoo a player inside if he goes square. This happens to the Albion passing square in front of the opposition back four instead of finding a gap. It is not as though Stewart is a prolific goalscorer though, right footed playing on the left.

Last edited:

Amexican

May 21, 2011
Great point and boy am I looking forward to seeing Razak and Assulin on Saturday.

Well done boys and hats off to the supporters who made the trip up to support the lads.

Good result against tough opposition...and big respect to all the travelling superfans...anybody count up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here