Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton's celebrations

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he reined it in partly because he was at his old club where he managed and didn't want to celebrate too wildly.
Blimey what do you think Chris is going to do when he cuts loose?
He'll need his own choreographer, fireworks and a python of he's going to top yesterdays madcappery.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just not counting chickens, that's all.

I felt like that all last year. I always had a nagging doubt about whether it was possible. I don't actually have that doubt this year. I can't explain why. I just don't know why but I really don't have doubts this time around.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I felt like that all last year. I always had a nagging doubt about whether it was possible. I don't actually have that doubt this year. I can't explain why. I just don't know why but I really don't have doubts this time around.
Well we certainly know it's possible. We know the team are good enough, but it's football and anything can happen. We could get injuries, other teams could go on mad long winning streaks, we could lose games against the run of play or just have more off days. We are only 3 games clear of 3rd with 24 games to go.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well we certainly know it's possible. We know the team are good enough, but it's football and anything can happen. We could get injuries, other teams could go on mad long winning streaks, we could lose games against the run of play or just have more off days. We are only 3 games clear of 3rd with 24 games to go.

I can see where you're coming from but dreaming, and believing the impossible, is surely what keeps supporters of teams which have generally been shite going....does it not? Why else would we have kept bothering?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can see where you're coming from but dreaming, and believing the impossible, is surely what keeps supporters of teams which have generally been shite going....does it not? Why else would we have kept bothering?
Right now we don't need to dream the impossible to keep going, right now it's great to be a Brighton fan. We had to dream the impossible when our ground was being stolen and we were stuck at the bottom of the 4th - that's when we needed something to keep us going.

I'm as hopeful as most that we'll finish top two, I'm just adding caution when someone suggests there's no doubt at all (as above).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right now we don't need to dream the impossible to keep going, right now it's great to be a Brighton fan. We had to dream the impossible when our ground was being stolen and we were stuck at the bottom of the 4th - that's when we needed something to keep us going.

I'm as hopeful as most that we'll finish top two, I'm just adding caution when someone suggests there's no doubt at all (as above).

That's fine. I guess I'm not a very cautious supporter :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here