Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has an excellent record in the Championship so a great appointment for Bristol City.

He interesting to see his budget and whether he will be knocking on the door for a couple of our players. Potentially a good loan move for some of our youth teamers.

He may be interested in a couple of our players who did well for him, especially in The Championship, but what makes you think he'd be likely to play any of our youth players?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He may be interested in a couple of our players who did well for him, especially in The Championship, but what makes you think he'd be likely to play any of our youth players?

True. When he was here he hardly played up and coming players.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hughton should definitely have played Connolly at the end of last season when he was injured or Alzate based on a few games at Orient were was apparently dreadful. I mean instead of integrating Bissouma, Andone, Locadi and Ali J. But then there's all the other members of our youth team Potter's given a chance to

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

I don't know what Bristol's budget is but with finances being tight after Covid I can see loans being a big part of the summer window. The Albion already have a lot of youth out on loan and surely TH would be happy to loan players to the trusted CH who has a proven track record in the Championship.
We are starting to see the loan market work for us with the development of players like White (Leeds), Molumby(Millwall), Clarke (Derby), Walton (various) plus many others.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Perhaps many managers are awaiting Watford’s fate before committing to Bristol. It’s common knowledge CH sees himself as a PL manager and perhaps is willing to jump on the Watford carousel for however long they give him. As no spring a chick, spending another 2-3 years in the champ with no guarantee of coming up probably isn’t really in his career plan.

But it’d be a good fit for both if it got over the line.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know what Bristol's budget is but with finances being tight after Covid I can see loans being a big part of the summer window. The Albion already have a lot of youth out on loan and surely TH would be happy to loan players to the trusted CH who has a proven track record in the Championship.

1). TH (? TB maybe) would prefer to loan players out to clubs playing the Potter way.
2). CH doesn't have a proven record (not with us anyway) of playing youngsters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here