[Albion] Hughton Walking at the end of the Season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If he walks I will kiss every inch of every foot he has stepped in. Apart from the dog stuff. As much as I have been a Hughton out voice, the man is up the top there with Mullers. If he went with dignity it would be what I expect of him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Luckily this thread is complete nonsense and the OP won't be adding to it, or anything else, any time soon. I'll leave it up for a short while as a monument to his stupidity and then it's going in the same bin.

EDIT- that's not to say we can't debate the merits or otherwise of CH but we all know there are plenty of legitimate threads for that

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Luckily this thread is complete nonsense and the OP won't be adding to it, or anything else, any time soon. I'll leave it up for a short while as a monument to his stupidity and then it's going in the same bin.

EDIT- that's not to say we can't debate the merits or otherwise of CH but we all know there are plenty of legitimate threads for that

Look at you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Heard from a source at the club that Hughton is going to walk at the end of the season.

Part of me wants to believe it for us to build next season and progress, but the all-out respect I have for the man makes me think it's got to be false.

Who would you have next season if it is true? I would have Wagner at the club, or even someone like Ancelotti would be a solid addition.

:bhasign:

Don't believe it for a moment. There is a report in the Argus today that the Board will be doing their annual (i.e. regular, not an "emergency thing) 2 day awayday in the very near future to decide the Vision and strategy for the Club.

In other words, it is "are we content with just surviving, or do we want to aim for mid-table? Europe? etc etc.

Part of that sort of thinking would have to include, I presume, decisions about the wage structure to get there, whether for incoming players or even to retain what we have got. I would have thought CH would very much want to be here with fewer constraints.

it is also about Ashworth being involved in recruitment and things like how to bring younger players through, WHICH IS HIS SPECIALITY, and which he has done well elsewhere. Wouldn't CH welcome working with that?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Heard from a source at the club that Hughton is going to walk at the end of the season.

Part of me wants to believe it for us to build next season and progress, but the all-out respect I have for the man makes me think it's got to be false.

Who would you have next season if it is true? I would have Wagner at the club, or even someone like Ancelotti would be a solid addition.

:bhasign:

I heard he was going into acting and was going to play President Obama in a movie about the first black president.

That rumour probably has as much chance at becoming true as Hughton sacking himself after the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports