Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton tonight

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like to think that IF we get promoted he'll be down West Street with his shirt unbuttoned, his tie tied around his head and a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand singing totally obscene songs about Joey Barton and Sean Dyche.

No chance..................IT WILL BE BACARDI

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
In his post Rotherham match interview he actually lost his concentration. That was because you could tell he had no interest in doing the interview. He just wanted to get back into the dressing room and absolutely slaughter the players and he probably did, although he would never say publicly that he did.

Possibly, although I'd read that when he was at Newcastle and they'd suffered a defeat, back in the dressing room it was very much "ok lads, that wasn't good, where do you think we went wrong, what do you think we could've done better?" There was obviously later analysis but his approach was always we'll work it out together and that's what helped build such good team spirit. I can't see the leopard changing his spots and becoming a Jekyll & Hyde character, it would completely contradict #together.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
He is the dog that is never allowed on the bed! - I hope we change this - I would let him stay on the bed for a couple of seasons then see what happens:bowdown:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Possibly, although I'd read that when he was at Newcastle and they'd suffered a defeat, back in the dressing room it was very much "ok lads, that wasn't good, where do you think we went wrong, what do you think we could've done better?" There was obviously later analysis but his approach was always we'll work it out together and that's what helped build such good team spirit. I can't see the leopard changing his spots and becoming a Jekyll & Hyde character, it would completely contradict #together.

I can't remember which game it was, possible the rotherham game people are talking about, but a journo tweeted that he was in the press room and he could hear Hughton going absolutely mental at the players in the dressing room down the corridor.

edit: found the tweet

[tweet]687028093257682944[/tweet]

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I can't remember which game it was, possible the rotherham game people are talking about, but a journo tweeted that he was in the press room and he could hear Hughton going absolutely mental at the players in the dressing room down the corridor.

Fair enough, I assume they would've recognised Calderwood's/Greers raised voice!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm curious to know whether he has ever completely LOST it in the dressing room. He must have a bollocking in his armoury - every manager needs one. It's the ones who hold it in special reserve who will be the most effective though. He's such a calm, considered, cerebral individual that if he ever raised his voice at me, I think I'd burst into tears.

After Burnley's late equaliser I had an image in my mind of Hughton playing all the interviews straight, then getting back home and drop-kicking his cat into the sea in frustration.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its almost tiresome repeating what a class act this fella is, but he REALLY is. Time and time again he gives credit where credit is due, and never offers up excuses or blames officials when we've fallen short. I'm beginning to think he is completely unique in that respect.

I'm curious to know whether he has ever completely LOST it in the dressing room. He must have a bollocking in his armoury - every manager needs one. It's the ones who hold it in special reserve who will be the most effective though. He's such a calm, considered, cerebral individual that if he ever raised his voice at me, I think I'd burst into tears.

This, although he did lose it on the touchline with Steve Evans when we played Rotherham (?) at home (?) earlier this season. He even saw the funny side of it in his post-match interview, which is worth viewing if anyone can dig it out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Well when Newcastle lost 6-0 or 6-1 in a pre season friendly to Leyton Orient he told them get out and leave the club if they didn't want to be there and it wouldn't have been a request. The ones who stayed won the League

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I am such an idiot I didn't want him appointed but wanted a manager like Sherwood.

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F01%2F04%2Fseinfield%2Bshudders%2Bgross.gif

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I can imagine if we go UP then Chris will have GARTH Crooks round and they will SHARE a glass of SHERRY and watch a RECORDING of Countdown whilst the rest of SUSSEX goes MENTAL

It's a little bit disconcerting to see you, Ernest the Cynic even daring to mention potential promotion. Have you hired a PR person to post for you now Ernest on your behalf ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
In this day and age it is remarkable that in his interviews he never whinges, disses the opposition, slags off the referee or attempts to play mind games. There's no ego there whatsoever, just a very grounded football manager.

Unlike a certain Burnley manager

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a guy who came through the youth team at Spurs, and his coach was CH. (I googled him to check, and it's true!!) He only played 1 senior game before injury ended his career.
He said CH was (is) a great coach, a really decent man, and a nice guy. But he added that when he needs to give a bollocking, he can certainly do so!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a guy who came through the youth team at Spurs, and his coach was CH. (I googled him to check, and it's true!!) He only played 1 senior game before injury ended his career.
He said CH was (is) a great coach, a really decent man, and a nice guy. But he added that when he needs to give a bollocking, he can certainly do so!!
The more I've gotten to observe Hughton the more I've come to realise Gustavo Fring was pretty much based on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here