Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton supporters

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Because if we played open attacking football against most of these PL sides, we'll get ripped a new one, several times over IMO

There is a difference between attacking football and running scared of crossing the half way line. I could take a couple of defeats if we actually tried to get something out of a game. When we try to keep the 'big six' from scoring it becomes a an abject failure and I'm too long in the tooth to wait around for european football. The five year plan has sent me into a half decade coma. Give it a go for flip sake

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Really? So if we went on the front foot as we did second half today we couldn't hold our own? I think you are Hughton indoctrinated.

It's only my opinion, and yes I am a fan of Chris Hughton, besides what he has done for us previously, I think apart from the seemingly negative tactics, he has done his utmost to keep us in this league.
I'm sure that if Tony Bloom with all his business acumen, knows what he is doing.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
If he does go, then who are we looking at to replace him?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is a difference between attacking football and running scared of crossing the half way line. I could take a couple of defeats if we actually tried to get something out of a game. When we try to keep the 'big six' from scoring it becomes a an abject failure and I'm too long in the tooth to wait around for european football. The five year plan has sent me into a half decade coma. Give it a go for flip sake

It's not even the big six though is it? We have taken our 'big six' game into the 'big twenty' and basically made ourselves the most unattractive side to watch the PL has ever seen.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's only my opinion, and yes I am a fan of Chris Hughton, besides what he has done for us previously, I think apart from the seemingly negative tactics, he has done his utmost to keep us in this league.
I'm sure that if Tony Bloom with all his business acumen, knows what he is doing.

I clicked on reply before reading the second comma, reason? Who gives a tuppeny (being nice) about history? We were shit last season, we are shit this season. We are a good Championship side under Hughton, but we are not there now. It's done and dusted, for now. Ok I shall read the rest now. Yes I am sure he has done his best to keep us in the division but his best is not good enough, can you not see this? What has business acumen to do with anything PL?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Because the players he has are a bit better than Championship, but no quite good enough for Premiership, and Hughton knows this.

Justifiable lack of confidence in the ability of this squad to play more expansively and not get badly caught out.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I clicked on reply before reading the second comma, reason? Who gives a tuppeny (being nice) about history? We were shit last season, we are shit this season. We are a good Championship side under Hughton, but we are not there now. It's done and dusted, for now. Ok I shall read the rest now. Yes I am sure he has done his best to keep us in the division but his best is not good enough, can you not see this? What has business acumen to do with anything PL?

Well I respect you're opinion chap, and I guess you're really not thinking straight, to the points you've made.
Sh!t last season! Don't agree with that.
Yes I can see our best is not good enough, but if we can stay up this season, and next season start with or without a new manager, I'm sure we can improve with better signings.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
His job is done now or rather Gross done it for him with survival just about done and has saved TB enough in lost revenue to politely show CH the door.
We have got progressively worse as the season has gone on.
At one stage this season we were 11 points clear of Newcastle and today we struggled again at home and that is now becoming a common occurrence .
Last year we were an unknown quantity for a good while and our home record kept us up.
This season after spending serious money in the summer and CH saying we didn't need any new faces in the Jan transfer window we have had to rely on the Championship squad to keep us up.
That isn't progress and if he does keep his job for next season I will be putting my money on us getting relegated

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well I respect you're opinion chap, and I guess you're really not thinking straight, to the points you've made.
Sh!t last season! Don't agree with that.
Yes I can see our best is not good enough, but if we can stay up this season, and next season start with or without a new manager, I'm sure we can improve with better signings.

Always liked you as a poster so no intent against you meant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His job is done now or rather Gross done it for him with survival just about done and has saved TB enough in lost revenue to politely show CH the door.
We have got progressively worse as the season has gone on.
At one stage this season we were 11 points clear of Newcastle and today we struggled again at home and that is now becoming a common occurrence .
Last year we were an unknown quantity for a good while and our home record kept us up.
This season after spending serious money in the summer and CH saying we didn't need any new faces in the Jan transfer window we have had to rely on the Championship squad to keep us up.
That isn't progress and if he does keep his job for next season I will be putting my money on us getting relegated

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Good post, I too think that another season of CH will see us relegated (it could still happen this season). He did an excellent job until Christmas last year, and for that we should be grateful but football is a cruel game. He has reached his ceiling with us imo. The last few months have shown up his shortcomings.

Last edited:

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
I've been a big Hughton supporter all season.
Through the "lucky" wins just before Christmas, all the way to today.
He has a lot of credit "in the bank".

The first half today was totally unacceptable.
The frankly bizarre team selection set the scene, and then the first few minutes where it was clear that we were setting up not to lose; again, culminating in the easiest goal Newcastle will score, in this season or the next.

This game, of any game in the season, after Fulham had given us a huge boost, the team should have been sent out with instructions to play with some freedom... take the game to Newcastle... get the crowd onside.
Instead we saw a team scared of their own shadows, unmotivated, terrified of putting in a challenge, let alone playing a pass forward or ,mounting an attack.

I have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes. I take all the rumours with a grain of salt. But something is clearly awry, and it's the managers job to set the scene, get the players playing, and contrive some kind of performance.

From Hughton's animation on the sidelines, I don't think he has sent the players out to play with zero ambition, but if that's the result, then he's not doing the job required.

The second half performance, while better, (could not be worse), is merely papering over the fault lines visible in the squad.

I wan't Hughton to turn it around... to prove the muppets from Norwich wrong, but I no longer have the confidence he can wring a performance from these players.

Reluctantly, I hope that he stands down gracefully, and with dignity, at the end of the season, because, I believe the players are better than what we are seeing on the pitch in 2019.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here