Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton says March deserves his new Albion deal [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
CHRIS HUGHTON has told Solly March he deserves his new four-year deal – and urged him to get fit for the Championship.
The Albion winger agreed terms until the end of June 2020 on the day he was kept out of a possible comeback with the club’s under-23s.
The Hailsham flyer was linked with Southampton and West Ham in the summer but recently told The Argus he was hopeful of agreeing a deal at the Amex.
He has not played for the first team since suffering a serious knee injury last December but is pleased to sort out his future off the field.
March, 22, said: “I’m delighted to have signed a four-year contract and I’m looking forward to what lies ahead.
“I’m looking forward to helping the club achieve their ultimate goal in the next few years and hopefully we’ll get close to that this season.
“It takes time to sort things out and all the details in a contract but I’ve always wanted to sign on here because I’m a local boy.
“The manager spoke to me this morning (yesterday), offered his congratulations and said I deserve this new deal, and now I’ve got to get myself fit.
“Of course he’s right and hopefully I can do that as quickly as possible and start contributing.
“Hopefully in another week or so I can get in another game in for the under-23s. Then I can push on from there and play in the first team, which I can’t wait for.”
March played twice for the under-23s in late August before a shin problem forced him back out.
He said: “I’ve had a little hiccup recently which has been annoying but, once I get a few games with the under-23s, then I’ll be ready.
“If I get two or three lots of 45 minutes or an hour here or there, then I should be ready.”
Albion have signed right-wing star Anthony Knockaert in the ten months since March limped out of the Championship during a 2-2 draw at Derby. Both players can operate in areas away from the right wing – but that is the flank where both have had most impact under Hughton.
March said: “Competition is good and pushes people to bring the best out of them so hopefully I can push a few people myself once I get back.
“We’ve had a good start and have only lost two games so far. If you had offered this to us at the start of the season, we would’ve taken it.
“That’s a good sign when you’re not playing to your full potential and you’re fourth in the table. Who knows what we can achieve this season?”
Albion’s under-23s are next in action on Monday, October 17, when they play Blackburn at Crawley.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here