[Albion] Hughton rewarded with new contract

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We want him, he wants us......and most positively TB clearly wasting no time in getting us ready for next season. Top, top news. Absolutely delighted. Now to secure the players..............

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This is great news, Chris is clearly happy here or he would have held fire on signing a new contract so that other clubs could acquire his services more easily. Great to have a committed, classy and clever man in charge.

D

Deleted member 2719

Although I have knocked Chris negative approach to certain games and wasn't his biggest fan, I again hold my hands up to giving him a hard time.
Who knows people like me may have just motivated him to prove us wrong!!

I think his biggest asset is his level headedness which is something we needed and the way he has picked the right mix of players.
Congratulations, fair play to him. :clap2:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
By Guy Fawkes's Day there'll be shoals of people on this very board demanding CH's head on a pike.

I usually always say the very same thing. A manager can go from Hero to Zero in the space of 5 or 6 games - The difference in this instance is CH knows where the shortfalls were this season and he knows what sort of personnel it will take to put that right and on top of that he knows where to find that personnel, so in this instance, I don't think they will be.

YES next year will be difficult because there will be a lot of big and a lot of wealthy clubs in the Championship BUT we will be bigger and better too come the start of the season that's one thing you can be sure of.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I'm happy and hoping players like Knockart, Stephens and Kayal are encouraged by this and will stay and help us get promotion next season.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
My best birthday present for years.

Thank you, Tony.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I usually always say the very same thing. A manager can go from Hero to Zero in the space of 5 or 6 games - The difference in this instance is CH knows where the shortfalls were this season and he knows what sort of personnel it will take to put that right and on top of that he knows where to find that personnel, so in this instance, I don't think they will be.

YES next year will be difficult because there will be a lot of big and a lot of wealthy clubs in the Championship BUT we will be bigger and better too come the start of the season that's one thing you can be sure of.

Reading that has filled me with CHEER...Get the RUM out!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Excellent. Statement of intent from Bloom too saying that we have made solid gains this season and right now, a few days after our season ended, we are laying down the marker for next season with our best asset tied down for a long term future with us. He is well respected and his buying has been pretty much spot on so far. Looking forward to seeing who we bring in over the summer on the back of this.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Signing a 4 year deal shows he's not just using Brighton to up his repuation and get a Prem job.He obviously is happy at the club and wants to do great things with it.There's nothing worse than mercenary players and managers.The fact that he's signed when I'm sure he's had some good offers tells me Tony Bloom has inspired him with promises of this and that,££££ to spend and a vision of playing in the Prem. This should also have a positive impact on any player considering leaving.Brighton is a team on the up.Great stadium,fans,grade 1 academy and a great town.The Prem awaits us.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Superb. Great to have a true gentleman at the helm. I hope he keeps enjoying himself and has our squad relish 46 battles and more next season.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is indeed good news
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports