Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton rewarded with new contract

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's not often I post anything serious, but that has seriously made my day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jury's still out for me

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This has cheered me right up!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yup - excellent news! Well done Chris, you thoroughly deserve it. We do not underestimate the job you have done so far (saving our Championship status last season and taking us to within 3 goals of automatic promotion this season) - thanks for everything and we look forward to a stable summer, new acquisitions and a degree of optimism, hitherto unimaginable, for next season.

larus

Not only is it a 'hands off' message, it's also a bit of an "I'm not really interested in going anywhere else" message from Chris.

Very pleased. It also tends to suggest that the club have outlined future plans - and budgets - with Chris and that he is happy with these.

Agreed, and also sends a signal to the players hopefully that (assuming they've enjoyed this season) next season will be more of the same. Stability is what builds success - not knee-jerk reactions. I know that Sami was bad for the club, but credit to Bloom for giving him a lot of time. If the players are happy, this may help persuade the ambitious ones to give it one more season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Despite this contract, if we are mid table at the end of next season, he will be under pressure from most, giving him nice messages here.

That's the nature of the job though, and he will know that as well.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
By Guy Fawkes's Day there'll be shoals of people on this very board demanding CH's head on a pike.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's like starting a new jigsaw puzzle for next season and the first important piece is in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here